VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

help needed. I bought old VHS player (LG DC368, VHS and DVD player) and I'm trying to connect it to Sony 55" LED KD-55XE8505B, but without success.

I'm using 3*RCA-3*RCA A/V cable, like this: https://www.oomipood.ee/image/cache/catalog/CVGP24300BK20_1-300x300.JPG.

If I put like this:
    - yellow cable to VHS "Y" jack and yellow to "Y" TV jack
    - red cable to VHS "Pr" jack and red to "R" TV jack
    - yellow cable to VHS "Pb" jack and yellow to "L" TV jack
    Then I have sound, but no picture. It just says "DVD/VHS player" and it's black and white.

If I connect red and yellow to "R" and "L" jacks in VHS, then the picture is colored (just says "DVD/VHS player"), but no sound.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It is amazing that you have sound. YPRPB is the designation for component video. If you have component video out of the VHS/DVD combo, then if the TV also has YPRPB inputs, you should use three of the RCA cables to connect the video and then use two more RCA cables to connect the audio.

If instead you only have a composite (yellow) input on the TV, you can usually connect just the Y connections, but then look around on the back of your VHS/DVD player for two more RCA jacks for the audio and use those.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi, I am trying to get a VHS tape to play on an Emerson EWD2204 VCR/CD player. I can easily play dvds. When I try to play a VHS tape, the tape stops and I get the message "No Signal". I have tried taking the VHS tape and placing a ballpoint pin into the 1/4 inch hole between the two spools and manually turning the spools. Why? I read that sometimes they get stuck and by releasing the lock and manually turning the spools my VHS tape may play. They recommended FF through the tape and then rewind. I never had a chance to hit FF before the tape stopped and gave the "No Signal" message. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am connecting to a Sceptre X405BV TV via RCA cables Red, White, and Yellow.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I just want to mention that I do not have cable, satellite or an antenna. No TV broadcasts. Only use id for DVDs and VHS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like the vhs portion of the player is dead. get something else. emerson was the bottom of the barrel in quality.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Your TV can either have a special breakout cable which one side has red/white/yellow and the other side have 3.5mm jack that connects to a yellow female jack on the back of your TV, OR it uses Y of the Y/Pb/Pr for yellow composite and red and white for audio that connects to the red and white of the VCR. Your TV may have both.

Some TV's are mono so you can only connect one audio channel, like this:
    https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00150369
    Last edited by dellsam34; 6th Dec 2020 at 19:32.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Some TVs you have to adjust the video green/yellow connector to composite mode from component mode in the video setup menu.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote