VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to download the video based on the MPD file at https://prod-kami.wuaki.tv/v1/delivery/dash/avod/cdc82654-5687-44b0-bcd2-417b289064fb.mpd
    The content of the MPD (in case the link only works temporarily) can be seen here: https://pastebin.com/R0LxJyMr
    The video can be seen here (account registration is possible and free in most countries): https://rakuten.tv/at/streams/movie/break-point-a-davis-cup-story

I would not mind having an encrypted video downloaded, because I think I can decrypt it with the key. So getting the encrypted video would be fine for me.

I tried with youtube-dl, ffmpeg (version 4.3.1) and streamlink (version 1.7.0), but neither worked. Streamlink says that the MPD "is protected by DRM".

Any way to get the video? Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Beta2k; 27th Nov 2020 at 19:38.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Encrypted with Microsoft PlayReady. This DRM is known to be a tough one, afaik.. if you truly have the decryption key, I'd love to know how you acquired it (in PM). Maybe I could help you further in private. It's against forum rules to discuss any further...

Edit: scratch that... the site is unavailable in my country. Can't help you any further. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by F07 View Post
    Encrypted with Microsoft PlayReady. This DRM is known to be a tough one, afaik.. if you truly have the decryption key, I'd love to know how you acquired it (in PM). Maybe I could help you further in private. It's against forum rules to discuss any further...

Edit: scratch that... the site is unavailable in my country. Can't help you any further. Good luck.
    I just managed to download the video and decrypt it successfully.

1) Download with youtube-dl by fetching the correct URL manually via google chrome dev console which is something like (not sure if this url only works temporarily): https://prod-avod-pmd.centurylink.cdn.rakuten.tv/5/9/7/597d325e2bcaf175683d4d857c12f26...2e4778c69e52b7

2) then get the key with a chrome extension that I will not link here, but it's still on GitHub. probably not for much longer.

3) decrypt with mp4decrypt.

4) mux with separately downloaded and decrypted audio stream

5) enjoy
    Last edited by Beta2k; 27th Nov 2020 at 20:30.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ..
    Last edited by David Banner; 29th Nov 2020 at 11:03.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Beta2k View Post
    Originally Posted by F07 View Post
    Encrypted with Microsoft PlayReady. This DRM is known to be a tough one, afaik.. if you truly have the decryption key, I'd love to know how you acquired it (in PM). Maybe I could help you further in private. It's against forum rules to discuss any further...

I just managed to download the video and decrypt it successfully.

1) Download with youtube-dl by fetching the correct URL manually via google chrome dev console which is something like (not sure if this url only works temporarily): https://prod-avod-pmd.centurylink.cdn.rakuten.tv/5/9/7/597d325e2bcaf175683d4d857c12f26...2e4778c69e52b7

2) then get the key with a chrome extension that I will not link here, but it's still on GitHub. probably not for much longer.

3) decrypt with mp4decrypt.

4) mux with separately downloaded and decrypted audio stream

5) enjoy
    Hi mate, can you pls write how to properly decrypt it with mp4decrypt?
    Quote Quote  
  6. search bento mp4decrypt.
    and read other post on this forum. is full to this argument.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi all.
    I sucessfully downloaded (drm) video from a film site. I found the mpd, downladed the mp4 with ffmpeg. I have the keys too but after decrypting with bento4, the video is still green, blue etc... any idea what's wrong?
    Last edited by greatmuta577; 28th May 2021 at 10:54. Reason: correction
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by greatmuta577 View Post
    Hi all.
    I sucessfully downloaded (drm) video from a film site. I found the mpd, downladed the mp4 with ffmpeg. I have the keys too but after decrypting with bento4, the video is still green, blue etc... any idea what's wrong?
    A number of things can be wrong.
    What is the source?
    Sometimes video might feel encrypted, but it's "not" encrypted because when you downloaded with some program, the program didn't include the init file.
    Maybe the keys are wrong.
    Maybe the track ID is wrong or anything else with your mp4decrypt code.
    Have you successfully decrypted before?
    You can provide more info in private message if you want, like link user/pass for login etc.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by greatmuta577 View Post
    Hi all.
    A number of things can be wrong.
    What is the source?
    Sometimes video might feel encrypted, but it's "not" encrypted because when you downloaded with some program, the program didn't include the init file.
    Maybe the keys are wrong.
    Maybe the track ID is wrong or anything else with your mp4decrypt code.
    Have you successfully decrypted before?
    You can provide more info in private message if you want, like link user/pass for login etc.
    The video is from a hungarian movie site (filmio.hu), needs to pay monthly and you can watch restored old movies in great quality. (4 dollars only)
    In the other thread there was a test encrypted video with code to decrypt. I did it succesfully. Maybe the decrypt command wrong with this one? Pm to you.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by greatmuta577 View Post
    Hi all.
    FFmpeg corrupts DRM-protected content when downloading. You must use yt-dlp or n_m3u8dl to download properly.
    Last edited by lfer94; 28th May 2021 at 19:37.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I also have decryptions keys.

But how can I download the video for DRM Widevine L3 protected content? It seems the video is cut into many pieces which are encrypted, how can I download all of them in the proper synchronized order?

So that I can decrypt all the videos after downloaded then stitch them together using ffmpeg or some video editor.

Website is Udemy.com

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Write a python script to do it

You basically need to download the init.mp4 file first, then download all the segments in their order, and concatenate each onto the init file

eg

init.mp4 + segment0.mp4 + segment1.mp4... all the way to the last segment, you just join them all together

If you don't know how to code python or atleast write a simple bash script on Linux, you can do this manually but it will take you a long time...

wget -O ./myfolder/video_encrypted.mp4 http://url.com/init.mp4
    wget -O ./myfolder/segment0.mp4 http://url.com/segment0.mp4
    cat ./myfolder/segment0.mp4 >> ./myfolder/video_encrypted.mp4
    wget -O ./myfolder/segment1.mp4 http://url.com/segment1.mp4
    cat ./myfolder/segment1.mp4 >> ./myfolder/video_encrypted.mp4

and you keep on going until you get to the last segment for the video stream, then repeat again for the audio stream. Run mp4decrypt on the resulting concatenated mp4 files once all segments are downloaded, then run mkvmerge on the decrypted video and audio, eg "mkvmerge -o myvideo.mkv video_decrypted.mp4 audio_decrypted.mp4"

The above is very easy to put into a basic bash script, just pull the segment url's etc... from the manifest. If you know python then have it download the manifest along with all the segments using python requests.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    From the Ministry of Resurected Threads.
    The Ministry consider old threads to be of little use to anyone as the OP may have left; be deceased; or otherwise indisposed. However, this poster has been authorized by the Ministry to post the following:-

yt-dlp can dowload multi-parts but may trip over itself trying to save the same file-name over the previous part. Hence an output formatter is required in the yt-dlp call.

Recently one UK TV provider has added DRM videos in multipart - many of the parts are adverts. Each time you get a manifest, the true program parts have different sequence numbers. There also may be a different number of parts too! Offending manifest urls start with 'ssai.manifest...' my workaround notes for this are below and may be of use to @rajhlinux

Code:
    GENERAL SEQUENCE FOR SSAI MPD
    Download all video and audio to a chosen height/audio quality check availability with yt-dlp -F <mpd url>
    yt-dlp  --allow-u -f all[height=1080]  -o  "TestVid.%(format_id)s.%(ext)s" --downloader aria2c <mpd url>
    yt-dlp  --allow-u -f all[vcodec=none][abr=127]  -o  "TestAud.%(format_id)s.%(ext)s" --downloader aria2c <mpd url>
    This will download adverts as well as part video; there is no way of knowing which part is which until after download
    look in list of part-streams for largest file size. if something was downloaded in 2/3 seconds ignore

DECRYPT PART STREAMS obtain a key for decryption by your normal method
    mp4decrypt --key xxx:xxx TestVid.fc73af88-2eec-4bf7-a255-3412685795bb-1.mp4 videoP1.mp4  # repeat for n parts
    mp4decrypt --key xxx:xxx TestAud.default_audio128_5_en_main-1.m4a  audioP1.m4a           # repeat for n parts

COMBINE THE PART AUDIO AND VIDEO STREAMS
    ffmpeg -i videoP1.mp4 -i audioP1.m4a -v:c -a:c Part1.mp4 #  repeat for n parts

CREATE LIST OF PART FILES and save as mylist.txt
    file 'part2.mp4'
    file 'part3.mp4'
    file 'part4.mp4'
    file 'part5.mp4'
    file 'part6.mp4'

Finally CONCATENATE ALL THE PARTS INTO ONE VIDEO
    ffmpeg -f concat  -i mylist.txt -c copy FullVideoName_E01.mp4

doing it in this sequence avoids video timing problems; adding a part-video and a part-audio after decryption stops the final video showing its running time 3  times larger with null gaps.
    Last edited by A_n_g_e_l_a; 1st Apr 2022 at 10:12.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by F07 View Post

Is it possible to decrypt playready DRM? If yes may I ask you how?
    Quote Quote  
  15. possible to restream to ffmpeg on the fly instead of downloading ?
    Quote Quote  
  16. [ss]vegeta i realy need your help for drm , would you help me ?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by daymeister View Post
    [ss]vegeta i realy need your help for drm , would you help me ?
    Sure but why don't you ask here?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is downloading protected videos still possible? If so can someone guide me in the right direction? I have some videos from a tutorial on Udemy that I purchase and I want to be able to view them off
    line. Coding tutorials are hard to see on a mobile phone, that's why I want to view them on PC. I already looked into yt-dl and ffmpeg but don't know what path to go down on what I want to accomplish.
    Last edited by Takyon; 19th Jun 2022 at 14:59.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Takyon View Post
    Is downloading protected videos still possible? If so can someone guide me in the right direction? I have some videos from a tutorial on Udemy that I purchase and I want to be able to view them online. Coding tutorials are hard to see on a mobile phone, that's why I want to view them on PC. I already looked into yt-dl and ffmpeg but don't know what path to go down on what I want to accomplish.
    You can also watch them online and if you want to save them for offline purpose then this could be helpful. https://github.com/Puyodead1/udemy-downloader
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Sure but why don't you ask here?
    I searched a lot and did not find anything clear about how to download or decrypt the video, I found some replies for you and I wanted to write to you if you could help me .

Thank you .
    Last edited by Abdulaziz03; 15th Jan 2024 at 11:55.
    Quote Quote