VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab All-in-One and rip streaming video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to download the video based on the MPD file at https://prod-kami.wuaki.tv/v1/delivery/dash/avod/cdc82654-5687-44b0-bcd2-417b289064fb.mpd
    The content of the MPD (in case the link only works temporarily) can be seen here: https://pastebin.com/R0LxJyMr
    The video can be seen here (account registration is possible and free in most countries): https://rakuten.tv/at/streams/movie/break-point-a-davis-cup-story

I would not mind having an encrypted video downloaded, because I think I can decrypt it with the key. So getting the encrypted video would be fine for me.

I tried with youtube-dl, ffmpeg (version 4.3.1) and streamlink (version 1.7.0), but neither worked. Streamlink says that the MPD "is protected by DRM".

Any way to get the video? Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Beta2k; 27th Nov 2020 at 18:38.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Encrypted with Microsoft PlayReady. This DRM is known to be a tough one, afaik.. if you truly have the decryption key, I'd love to know how you acquired it (in PM). Maybe I could help you further in private. It's against forum rules to discuss any further...

Edit: scratch that... the site is unavailable in my country. Can't help you any further. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by F07 View Post
    Encrypted with Microsoft PlayReady. This DRM is known to be a tough one, afaik.. if you truly have the decryption key, I'd love to know how you acquired it (in PM). Maybe I could help you further in private. It's against forum rules to discuss any further...

Edit: scratch that... the site is unavailable in my country. Can't help you any further. Good luck.
    I just managed to download the video and decrypt it successfully.

1) Download with youtube-dl by fetching the correct URL manually via google chrome dev console which is something like (not sure if this url only works temporarily): https://prod-avod-pmd.centurylink.cdn.rakuten.tv/5/9/7/597d325e2bcaf175683d4d857c12f26...2e4778c69e52b7

2) then get the key with a chrome extension that I will not link here, but it's still on GitHub. probably not for much longer.

3) decrypt with mp4decrypt.

4) mux with separately downloaded and decrypted audio stream

5) enjoy
    Last edited by Beta2k; 27th Nov 2020 at 19:30.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ..
    Last edited by David Banner; 29th Nov 2020 at 10:03.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Beta2k View Post
    Originally Posted by F07 View Post
    Encrypted with Microsoft PlayReady. This DRM is known to be a tough one, afaik.. if you truly have the decryption key, I'd love to know how you acquired it (in PM). Maybe I could help you further in private. It's against forum rules to discuss any further...

I just managed to download the video and decrypt it successfully.

1) Download with youtube-dl by fetching the correct URL manually via google chrome dev console which is something like (not sure if this url only works temporarily): https://prod-avod-pmd.centurylink.cdn.rakuten.tv/5/9/7/597d325e2bcaf175683d4d857c12f26...2e4778c69e52b7

2) then get the key with a chrome extension that I will not link here, but it's still on GitHub. probably not for much longer.

3) decrypt with mp4decrypt.

4) mux with separately downloaded and decrypted audio stream

5) enjoy
    Hi mate, can you pls write how to properly decrypt it with mp4decrypt?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    search bento mp4decrypt.
    and read other post on this forum. is full to this argument.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi all.
    I sucessfully downloaded (drm) video from a film site. I found the mpd, downladed the mp4 with ffmpeg. I have the keys too but after decrypting with bento4, the video is still green, blue etc... any idea what's wrong?
    Last edited by greatmuta577; 28th May 2021 at 09:54. Reason: correction
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by greatmuta577 View Post
    Hi all.
    I sucessfully downloaded (drm) video from a film site. I found the mpd, downladed the mp4 with ffmpeg. I have the keys too but after decrypting with bento4, the video is still green, blue etc... any idea what's wrong?
    A number of things can be wrong.
    What is the source?
    Sometimes video might feel encrypted, but it's "not" encrypted because when you downloaded with some program, the program didn't include the init file.
    Maybe the keys are wrong.
    Maybe the track ID is wrong or anything else with your mp4decrypt code.
    Have you successfully decrypted before?
    You can provide more info in private message if you want, like link user/pass for login etc.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by greatmuta577 View Post
    Hi all.
    A number of things can be wrong.
    What is the source?
    Sometimes video might feel encrypted, but it's "not" encrypted because when you downloaded with some program, the program didn't include the init file.
    Maybe the keys are wrong.
    Maybe the track ID is wrong or anything else with your mp4decrypt code.
    Have you successfully decrypted before?
    You can provide more info in private message if you want, like link user/pass for login etc.
    The video is from a hungarian movie site (filmio.hu), needs to pay monthly and you can watch restored old movies in great quality. (4 dollars only)
    In the other thread there was a test encrypted video with code to decrypt. I did it succesfully. Maybe the decrypt command wrong with this one? Pm to you.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by greatmuta577 View Post
    Hi all.
    FFmpeg corrupts DRM-protected content when downloading. You must use yt-dlp or n_m3u8dl to download properly.
    Last edited by lfer94; 28th May 2021 at 18:37.
    Quote Quote