VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

The VHS player I've AG-W1 is a bit sensitive to Dew even the room temperature is ~ 70F What should I try to get rid of it?

Please advise.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Replace it cause it's not worth fixing or just use it in very dry room.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/381442-Panasonic-AG-W1-VCR-won-t-work#post2467978
    Are your tapes kept in a cool or cold area? If so that could be causing moisture when inserted in the VCR/ If everything has been at room temp for quite some time, the room isn't very high humidity(90%+) it may be you have a bad or overly sensitive dew sensor. I don't personally know where it would be in your machine, you'd probably need to try and track down a service manual.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Although multi-format, it really is a subpar consumer deck.

But dew?
    Where do you live that you're getting inside dew?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. My first VHS deck in 1981 was a Quasar split unit where the tuner was in one box and recording mechanism in the second box. The recording unit could be strapped on your shoulder and had an input for a video camera. It had a dew sensor and when going inside and outside, the sudden temperature change did indeed cause the sensor to trigger a stop in recording once or twice. However, triggering the sensor required a very large and very sudden change in temperature to cause the problem (condensation). When left next to the TV and used as a normal VCR, even on really humid, rainy summer days, the dew light never went on.

I am therefore pretty sure this is caused by a sensor malfunction. If you can find a service manual and find the dew sensor location, you can try using a can of air to blow air past the sensor to clear any crud that may have built up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sensor ... good call johnmeyer.
    That may be it .

... but still, not the greatest deck. Better use quality NTSC, and/or PAL, not a multi.
    No line TBC is major quality downside.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote