VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello
    I have a video file with messed up audio channels. When I play the video, the audio comes only from left speaker.
    Here's media info

Both audio streams are messed up (on both, sound comes from left speaker only).
    When I open the video in Sony Vegas for example, I see this (I removed the surround stream, don't need it)

In Sony Vegas I can easily fix for the sound to come from both speakers by choosing Combine or Left only. Both of this fix the audio

However, I want to do this with with ffmpeg.

I extracted the audio from the file with MeGUI.

I read this
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/AudioChannelManipulation

and I tried ffmpeg with the following command
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i audio.aac -filter_complex "[0:a]channelsplit=channel_layout=stereo:channels=FL[left]" -map "[left]" front_left.aac
    But I get an error

I want to change the channel, without reencoding of the audio (is this possible?) and then just mux the audio and video.

Can anyone help me?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try this:
    ffmpeg -i audio.aac -filter_complex "channelmap=map=FL-FL|FL-FR:channel_layout=stereo" output.aac

This should copy the left channel to both left and right channel and give you a stereo output.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Try this:
    ffmpeg -i audio.aac -filter_complex "channelmap=map=FL-FL|FL-FR:channel_layout=stereo" output.aac

This should copy the left channel to both left and right channel and give you a stereo output.
    Thanks man, you are a lifesaver.
    It worked.
    Quote Quote