VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I can't export subs from Premiere without timings being off. I don't know why. In the timeline it all looks great. If I burn them it all looks fine but exporting and then dropping into a vid nah they're just off
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not really enough information.

Do your frame rates and starting timecodes match? What kind of vid are you dropping them into, how? What player or device are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Not really enough information.

Do your frame rates and starting timecodes match? What kind of vid are you dropping them into, how? What player or device are you using?
    On the timeline in adobe it's all fine. But if I export it as a SRT file no they don't match and I don't know why.
    It's just an MP4 file
    I've tried Zoom Player and VLC

UPDATE Ah! I see what the problem is. If I dropped the subs from the project window on the timeline, they're out sync. I cut the start of the subtitles and moved a bit to the begging . But the timecodes didn't change. How do I change them?
    Last edited by DunnoNo; 17th Nov 2020 at 08:23.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are they off consistently from beginning to end, or do they drift further off as you play down? When you open the .srt in a text editor, do the times appear to be right?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Are they off consistently from beginning to end, or do they drift further off as you play down? When you open the .srt in a text editor, do the times appear to be right?
    Nope they don't drift. No when I open them in a text editor they timing are off.
    Like I said. I removed the into part of the video. I removed the same part in the subs on the time line in Premiere. But those sub timings didn't shift. I don't know how to shift them. I can do it manually but it will be a lot of work
    Quote Quote