VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Well i'm not quite sure how to describe this, and may be the way it was recorded, but sometimes there's this weird blending of colours between one frame and the next, like the colours from the last frame are still there the next before quickly vanishing. It's pretty much a blink and you'll miss it, but it's still distracting. I must note it became much more noticeable after i deinterlaced the footage with QTGMC.

[Attachment 55870 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 55871 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is a bit of blending in the original. But you've made it worse -- probably by treating interlace YV12 as progressive YV12 somewhere before using QTGMC.

Code:
    LSmashVideoSource("Original.mp4") 
    AssumeTFF()
    Crop(240,0,-240,-0)
    QTGMC()
    Spline36Resize(960,720)
    [Attachment 55875 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 16th Nov 2020 at 10:36. Reason: added samples
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Ah blast! I had ChubbyRain2() before QTGMC. I found it was more effective at removing the rainbow crawl when it was interlaced, but clearly it had a very harsh side effect. Having put it to after QTGMC the blending is now minimal, just like the source. I'll just have to live with the rainbow crawl as the filter doesn't seem to be effective now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ChubbyRain2 has in interlaced option. I don't know if it works as well but it's worth a try.
    Quote Quote