VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have WinDVD, which shows CC's if they were on a ript (from) dvd. My problem is when I connect a computer (with WinDVD) to my TV, the tv's 'brightness' setting can wash out the comps screen, all but the WinDVD, including full screen. No matter how bright the TV setting, WinDVD is not affected. Does this make sense? Are there any other software players that will show CC's? If I cant make the movie bright enough, CC's are pointless, , ,
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how do you have your computer connected to your TV
    through HDMI or VGA ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cornemuse View Post
    I have WinDVD, which shows CC's if they were on a ript (from) dvd. My problem is when I connect a computer (with WinDVD) to my TV, the tv's 'brightness' setting can wash out the comps screen, all but the WinDVD, including full screen. No matter how bright the TV setting, WinDVD is not affected. Does this make sense? Are there any other software players that will show CC's? If I cant make the movie bright enough, CC's are pointless, , ,
    Does the TV allow you to select a label from a list that designates the HDMI port that you are using as "PC" or "Computer"? For some TVs, that changes the video settings for that port so that they are better for a computer.

Is this TV your new Sony 55" X75CH?
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 13th Nov 2020 at 21:26.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Connected through HDMI. Asus with built in HDMI. Do dont most new mobo's have hdmi ports?

Yes
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Sony KD-55X750H is probably exactly the same TV as the Sony KD-55X75CH that you bought at Costco. I tried finding some answers in the Help Guide Web Manual for the Sony KD-55X750H at Sony's website. It is a disappointingly sparse reference and I found no answers there. I tend to think you have some kind of color space issue but I don't know what settings you can change on the TV try to fix it.

If you want to try other software players, I know that both Cyberlink PowerDVD and VLC can display DVD closed captions.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 14th Nov 2020 at 13:20. Reason: typo
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cornemuse View Post
    Connected through HDMI. Asus with built in HDMI. Do dont most new mobo's have hdmi ports?

Yes

try this - https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00152102
    it's called Dynamic Backlight Control
    Quote Quote