VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to convert old, treasured family VHS video tapes to a digital format. What are some capture cards that will operate with Windows 11? Thanks, from me & my parents who live in heaven now.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Windows 11 ? Good luck with that, Windows 10 hasn't been sorted yet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No such thing as windows 11! From information I've seen Windows 10 is the last version, but as it is now will be continually morphing. However there is talk about Microsoft going over to Linux version.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Oops, I mixed up 11th Generation Core with Windows! Sorry... I have looking at reviews but it seems each of them has some problems. This has already been addressed but can you recommend one? ( I am a newbee as you can tell...)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    IoData GV-USB2. Bulletproof with Windows 10 (and 11, I'm sure ). Connect it, disconnect it, USB 2, 3, can't break it. Swap at will between Composite and S-Video, no Crossbar required. No Proc Amp controls using Virtual Dub's "Levels" option but Graphstudio can be easily set up to provide them.

Nice image.

PS: You don't even have to speak Japanese! There's an English installation guide here:

https://iotku.pw/gvusb2-guide/

(Malwarebytes has a hissy fit, but the site is OK as far as I can tell. It's https. Certainly, the setup instructions were accurate).
    Last edited by Alwyn; 10th Nov 2020 at 03:05.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Given that I always skip one version, I would have upgraded to Win9 but it was so slow in getting out that I am anxiously awaiting a solid version of Win11

Humour aside there should be several capture devices that support Win10. Whether Win10, with all their random upgrades, continue to support them is another matter.

But for consistency in support I would still champion a capture-friendly OS such as Win7 which you can run parallel with a Win11 (oops I did mean Win10) install.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    IoData GV-USB2. Bulletproof with Windows 10 (and 11, I'm sure ). Connect it, disconnect it, USB 2, 3, can't break it. Swap at will between Composite and S-Video, no Crossbar required. No Proc Amp controls using Virtual Dub's "Levels" option but Graphstudio can be easily set up to provide them.

Nice image.
    While IO-DATA is a big company that makes storage devices such as HDD's I'm not too sure if that device is made by IO-DATA, Whether it's an easycrap brother or not as long as you have tried it and worked that's what matters most.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed your thread title so people will help you more.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not too sure if that device is made by IO-DATA, Whether it's an easycrap brother or not as long as you have tried it and worked that's what matters most.
    It says on the stick "Made in Taiwan", so not a Chinese easycrap, and it has a serial number. I have and it does.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I don't know who manufactures them, but they seem to have completely different chips and drivers than easycap cards and other common USB dongles so it's probably not another clone of those.
    Quote Quote  
  11. AJA makes a lot of pro level capture devices: https://www.aja.com/family/desktop-io

You can find a lot of their older devices on ebay etc.
    Quote Quote