VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

has anyone found a way to create custom presets with their own settings in XMediaRecode?

No doubt it is a great tool but it has so many parameters that can be set, and not having a way to save pesronal settings (I hope there is one, but I can't find it anywhere...) forces you to set all of them from scratch everytime you want to use it. This is really annoying and time consuming.

I've found the function to create presets even in little and crappy apps, I can't believe it's not available in this one.

Thanks in advance.
    "Long live R 'n' R"
    Quote Quote  
  2. You have to do it manually in the app folder.
    Navigate to the install folder, open here or similar: "C:\Program Files\XMedia Recode 64bit\Profile"
    Save one profile set to edit and delete the rest. (You may also choose to keep which profiles you want)
    e.g. keep all the files titled HTML5 (the .ini and the .xmrpres files) and delete the rest
    Copy and rename to suit you.
    e.g. you can rename the file set as Anime, so Anime.ini, Anime_1280x720_mp4.xmrpres etc
    Edit the .xmpres files using Notepad
    A lot of the presets are legacy anyway, so deleting them removes useless clutter.
    Maybe you still have a Zune? You can choose to keep that profile.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    File / Save Setting

That's it
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blud7 View Post
    You have to do it manually in the app folder.
    Navigate to the install folder, open here or similar: "C:\Program Files\XMedia Recode 64bit\Profile"
    Save one profile set to edit and delete the rest. (You may also choose to keep which profiles you want)
    e.g. keep all the files titled HTML5 (the .ini and the .xmrpres files) and delete the rest
    Copy and rename to suit you.
    e.g. you can rename the file set as Anime, so Anime.ini, Anime_1280x720_mp4.xmrpres etc
    Edit the .xmpres files using Notepad
    A lot of the presets are legacy anyway, so deleting them removes useless clutter.
    Maybe you still have a Zune? You can choose to keep that profile.
    Thanks blud7,
    I got rid of all those presets I've never used!
    However, I still heven't found a way to save a preset with my own settings. When I use an already existing preset and try to change some parameters, I have much less options than those I have when I select "custom" profile.
    For example, if I chose to keep youtube profile, I only have one audio codec available. I tried to edit the corresponding .xmpres file, but I got lost in there.
    I would expect to be able to create a preset by choosing from all available options for each parameter.
    Anyway, thanks again for your suggestion, I'll try it again.
    "Long live R 'n' R"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dubardo View Post
    File / Save Setting

That's it
    Well, I'm afraid it's not.
    I don't know what kind of settings this is supposed to save, but it certainly doesn't save custom options of audio codec, crop, padding resolution etc.
    So, it's basically useless for creating custom presets.
    "Long live R 'n' R"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Nah, it won't save theses specific settings only the codec setting which is more important for me
    Quote Quote