VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. Absolute amateur here. Had about 5 days with a pi so far and I'm in love with it all. I need some help. I've read and tried everything I could find online. What I am trying to do is use the pi zero was a live stream cam. Pi zero w paired with a v2 camera module. So far I have had great results with Motion eye , mjpg streamer and FFmpeg. Here is my problem. This is it in 1280x720. Nice and wide although the focus is off slightly. The command I run in

Code:
    $ raspivid -o - -t 0 -w 1280 -h 720 -fps 25 -b 4000000 -g 50 | ffmpeg -re -ar 44100 -ac 2 -acodec pcm_s16le -f s16le -ac 2 -i /dev/zero -f h264 -i - -vcodec copy -acodec aac -ab 128k -g 50 -strict experimental -fflags +genpts -f flv rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/MYKEY
    [Attachment 55730 - Click to enlarge]

However, when I change it to 1080 with this command

Code:
    raspivid -o - -t 0 -w 1920 -h 1080 -fps 25 -b 4000000 -g 50 | ffmpeg -re -ar 44100 -ac 2 -acodec pcm_s16le -f s16le -ac 2 -i /dev/zero -f h264 -i - -vcodec copy -acodec aac -ab 128k -g 50 -strict experimental -f flv rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/MYKEY
    I get this

[Attachment 55731 - Click to enlarge]

It's cropped the image. It's the same if I stream to youtube, or locally to VLC etc. It's probably something stupid but I just don't know where to go from here!

Kindest regards,
    Stay safe,
    E.S
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    did you try the ffmpeg documentation ?? - https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Video-Options
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    did you try the ffmpeg documentation ?? - https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Video-Options
    Yes and I still can't figure out my mistake(s). This is supposed to be the basic stuff! Shall keep trying today! Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Why this? -i -
    Quote Quote