VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Guru challenge:

I want to use this as a desktop background. I've seen it played before (https://www.screencast.com/t/AfCj2ocy) but VLC won't open it. Windows Movies and TV opens it, but it goes straight to the end frame and will not play (it's only 16 seconds long). Is there an expert here that can tell me how to use FFMPEG batch converter or some other batcher that can grok the format to convert these to a standard .264 mp4 that will play anywhere?

Thanks in advance! See attached.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Daemach; 3rd Nov 2020 at 14:45. Reason: Added evidence link
    Quote Quote  
  2. The reason is you have 2 videos muxed in the container. Stream 0 and 1 . Stream 0 is just two frames. Because it's stream number is "zero" it's the default stream for most players. Stream 1 is the longer 16s version but a "photo negative" . You need to invert the colors if you want it to look "normal"

e.g just stream copy the longer stream
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i "Beach 015.mp4" -map 0:1 -c:v copy -movflags +faststart copy.mp4
    eg. same as above, but inverting the colors. But inverting the colros requires re-encoding
    Code:

ffmpeg -i "Beach 015.mp4" -map 0:1 -vf negate -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -movflags +faststart negate.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Brilliant! Thank you!
    Quote Quote