+ Reply to Thread
Results 331 to 340 of 340
Yes, nearly a year okd.users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
If anybody is interested, I did some more experiment, this time using Topaz VEAI not as an upscaler after an AviSynth restoration flow, but using it directly on the source material, to check its denoise and sharpening features on what is supposed to be the most effective model for live video, Artemis High Quality. The winner, in my case, is still AviSynth
Here the results: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1950219#post1950219 , but the full thread is interesting!
users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
afaik. that is the tool from the 'Matt Kirby' user from the german Gleitz Forum (https://gleitz.info/forum/index.php?thread/48239-zwischenbildberechnung-mit-ki-hat-jem...560#post463560).
It's uses FlowFrame to tweak the interpolation/scene change detection:
The Transitionchooser FLOWFRAMES-EDITION 8.0:
It's a tool for users that want to interpolate (2x, 4x, 8x) long movies with FlowFrames.
Interpolation is cool but on scene changes it produces ugly interpolated frames.
That disturb while watching the video. FlowFrames has already a scene detection for this problem.
But no scene detection is perfect and the users have to edit transitions manually.
With TC you can change transitions or you can add new ones manually if the automatic detection has missed some.
Some users also add new transitions to cover "artifact frames" with blend-frames, for example.
Now (with ver. 8.0) it is possible to add a alternative interpolfolder from another AI.
So you can choose a 4th frame, an orange interpolframe.
Transitionchooser needs to install avisynth+ 32bit !!!
- disable autoencode in FlowFrames settings
- enable scene detection in FF settings
- run FlowFrames in step by step Mode
- run the first steps until interpolation step
- if interpolation step was done leave FF open and open the "Transitionchooser"
- open the FlowFrames-ini in the temp-folder that FF has created for your video ("frames-2x.ini" or "frames-4x.ini")
Transitionchooser reads now "ini" in "temp-folder" and lists all transitions made by FlowFrames scene detection.
Then push button "Make Blendframes" and wait, for an entire movie it can last some minutes
And now you can choose which pic should be at a transition (scene change)
- Do you wanna have a blend frame(fading frame(s) for smooth transition) ?!
- Do you want a double frame (the last frame of the previous scene will be repeated = doubled) ?!
- Or do you like the morphed interpolated pic for the case that the automatic scene detection has made a double frame where no transition really is.
and "red" interpolated pic will be the same as there is no scene change, choose this if FlowFrames has detected a false positive scene change
- or do you want to hide artifacts with alternative "orange" interpolframe, when you have added an alternative folder
In the preview you can watch each transition (scene change) previous frame, transition frame and nextframe will be shown
with pushing "space"-key you can change each frame to another sort
The workflow will be: "go with cursor down through the list and look at the two frames
"previous" and "next" if there is a ugly frame between change it and go further, so you can
edit quickly a entire movie
If you have set your choice through the whole list you just must push "modify-ini button"
(optional you can save your edited list, if you want to edit it later again, and you can
output the pngs that have changed if you use an external encoder)
or you can output all frames as an entire imagesequence
Now you can close Transitionchooser!
Go back to the open FlowFrames window and run there the last step ("export step")
Last edited by Selur; 13th Sep 2021 at 04:53.users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555