VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I just bought this capture device yesterday and downloaded the drivers and capture software for it but it doesn't seem to work on the software nor virtualdub/AmaRecTV/DScaler, all these software apps just give me errors I will send photos of the errors I get,

Please help thanks.Image
    [Attachment 55673 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 55674 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried that Windows 10 'Cortina' setting as written above.

BTW Did you buy this new ? If you did it would already have come with a disk and drivers (just incase you actually installed the wrong ones)

What error are you getting in vdub. You must select Hauppauge cx... under the device menu plus various settings in the video menu. So what have you done there ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply, I have tried disabling cortana through some youtube videos but I still get that same error within the software. And I used the drivers given to me with the new Hauppage usb live 2 I bought 2 days ago which I bought new from a pc store.

Im kinda stuck right now with this issue so I guess I'll have to use my old ezcap for now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But what about vdub ?. You can only get help if you answer all the questions.

I would not rely on yt videos. There really should be sufficient help within Windows itself or from Ms.

Unfortunately I can not assist with Win10 which is not the most capture-friendly OS out there.

Your disk also includes WinTV software. That will also capture mpeg2. Try it to see if you get the same error as with Hauppauge Capture.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Lucky Klonoa According to Hauppauge's instructions, the message that you see in the Human Interface Device section of Device Manager is normal. To check that the drivers for the Hauppauge USB Live 2 installed correctly, look under the "Sound video and Game Controller" section in Device Manager to see if "USB Live-2" is there with no warning symbol beside it. See the Trouble Shooting portion of the document at https://www.hauppauge.com/pdfs/qi-usblive2-v3.3-eng.pdf for what you should see in Device Device manage if the USB Live-2 installed correctly.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. With Win10, under "Privacy" check to make sure that "Camera Permissions" are turned on. If camera permissions are "off", the OS cannot stream video.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Get rid of "cortana" all together - it's nothing but bloatware and annoying... You can either disable the service or install wim-tweak and run the script to "uninstall" it completely.

https://itectec.com/superuser/uninstall-cortana-windows-10/
    Quote Quote