VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm seeing a phenomenon I don't know how it's called. Color dancing up and down. I attach an untouched snippet. How can I take care of it?

Here's also a picture, a zoomed close-up
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-CTMF in chroma only (planes=[1,2]) might help
    quick with:
    Code:
    # Loading C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\snip.mkv using LWLibavSource
    clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="C:/Users/Selur/Desktop/snip.mkv", format="YUV420P8", cache=0, prefer_hw=0)
    # making sure input color matrix is set as 709
    clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="709",range_s="limited")
    # making sure frame rate is set to 24
    clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=24, fpsden=1)
    # Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
    clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
    # denoising using CTMF
    clip = core.ctmf.CTMF(clip=clip, radius=5, memsize=1048576, planes=[1,2])
    # Deinterlacing using QTGMC
    clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Fast", InputType=1, TR2=1, Sharpness=1.0, SourceMatch=0, Lossless=0)
    # make sure content is preceived as frame based
    clip = core.std.SetFieldBased(clip, 0)
    # set output frame rate to 24.000fps
    clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=24, fpsden=1)
    # Output
    clip.set_output()
    and crf 18 NVEnc H.265, see attachment
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Selur; 27th Oct 2020 at 10:15.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. But I'm using avisynth, not vapoursynth. Also, sadly in your attachment there are still some rainbows in the tree there...

While we're at it, in the source there's not only dancing rainbows, there's also a general dancing of the image, don't know how to put it better. Is there a way to stabilize it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you try
    Code:
    DeRainbow(8)  #adjust the strength (lower value=stronger)
    Btw. the clip has luma 0....255 (PC). You may want to adjust it to TV range (16 ....235)? The out-of-tv range values might be noise only though ......
    Is your snip.mkv an upscaled and re-encoded VHS capture or other source? If so, it's better to start from the original capture or unprocessed source.
    Last edited by Sharc; 28th Oct 2020 at 04:12.
    Quote Quote  
  5. About DeRainbow, it depends on mipsmooth which is 32-bit only. I can't use it in my 64-bit installation

Re: the clip. What you say is very possible but I have little information about the original source, and I don't have access to it, so this will have to do.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm using a 64bit MipSmooth here without a problem,... (http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AviSynth%2B_x64_plugins)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks! I often forget to check that page, I just saw the plugin here http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MipSmooth#Spatio-Temporal_Denoisers which is 32-bit only.

It does help a lot (had to go down to 3 for the DeRainbow value)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!