VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used a setup with Shogun7, Sony AX100 and Sony Z150 recording ISO1 and ISO2 plus PROGRAM - and it's working perfect.
    I use ATOM x SSD mini 500 GB from Anglebird and the formating is done using the Shogun 7.

Now the problem is, if I add an extra camera - a Marshall CV503 with CDI - then I get several folders with the 3 ISO-files and a program-file with lengths varying fra less than a minute to a few minutes. The SSD disk gets really hot, a few degrees more and you're not able to hold it in your hands.
    If I combine the Marshall with one Sony camera at a time, it's working perfect.

I record in 1080p 50 frames.

Anyone have had the same problem and a solution?

/paul
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just a guess, but things point to the 3rd party SSD (Angelbird) not being truly able to dissipate heat generated when running full tilt w 3 simultaneous streams (so higher bitrate, more constant activity) compared to 2.
    Test with another brand/model. Who knows, that one might have minor defect in heat sink xfer rate which limits it.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, Scott, for your reply.

I will write to Angelbird and Atomos. I have two SSD from Angelbird and not bought from the same lot. What puzzles me is that the Atomos was sold with the Angelbird SSD but the switching mode was as new you had to make a software upgrade. If that’s the problem I should not be the only one in the world with this problem.
    I will let you (and others reading this thread) know he results and hopefully accompanied with a solution.

/Paul
    Quote Quote