VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone knows of some kind of Digital TV Receiver or Set-Top Box (cable box) with Conax card reader for cable TV, HDMI Input and SCART output?

I know there are plenty of cable TV boxes with Conax cable TV card reader and SCART output, but does anyone know if there is one with HDMI input ?

It would be nice if there were, cause I want to use such Set-Top Box for cable TV and for connecting my PC to CRT TV which only has SCART input (no HDMI)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt that you will find a cable box that converts HDMI input to SCART output. To perform their intended function, cable boxes only need to provide outgoing signals for video and audio derived from a tuned cable channel, plus, in European countries, possibly both a SCART-in connection and a SCART-out connection allowing SCART devices to be daisy-chained so they can share a single SCART-in connection on a TV.

You will almost certainly need a separate device, an HDMI to SCART converter, to connect a PC's HDMI out to a TV's SCART-in connection. Here's an example of an HDMI to SCART converter: https://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-JTD-HDMI-SCART-Converter-Downscaler/dp/B00NX0KVLC/
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote