VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. And how might I effectively remove it without too much damage? I have these horizontal, scrolling lines in a few different recordings and cannot figure out how to rid of them.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's regular interlaced video. You see these scanlines and comb artefacts when you watch the video on a progressive monitor (PC) without deinterlacing it.
    So you should just enable the deinterlacer of your SW player. It's a setting in your player (probably called deinterlacing or bobbing)
    When you watch this video on your TV, your TV should do the deinterlacing automatically and you should get a perfect picture.

If you still see some lines you would have to apply some extra filtering using Avisynth filters for example, something like
    Code:
    QTGMC()
    QTGMC(InputType=2)
    vinverse()
    Last edited by Sharc; 20th Oct 2020 at 18:18.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's definitely not interlace lines I'm seeing. The lines are scrolling, moving. They are there even after QTGMC
    Quote Quote  
  4. Image
    [Attachment 55576 - Click to enlarge]
    My result after the above script....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hum bars. Defreq() can reduce those types of lines.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yep, I missed it. It's some sort of TV channel interference maybe, or interference through the cabling. Requires some more processing......
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Hum bars. Defreq() can reduce those types of lines.
    I've fiddled with this one a bit but cannot seem to find a spot to place the box on the spectrum that even minimizes it
    Quote Quote  
  8. Then you could try
    Code:
    AssumeTFF()
    Cnr2()
    QTGMC()
    QTGMC(InputType=2)
    dfttest(sigma=20)      #adjust the sigma
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Hum bars. Defreq() can reduce those types of lines.
    I've fiddled with this one a bit but cannot seem to find a spot to place the box on the spectrum that even minimizes it
    This will remove a lot of it:
    Code:
    SeparateFields()
    DeFreq(fx=0.0, fy=57.5, sharp=19.2)
    Weave()
    You can probably use it again (maybe multiple times) with a slightly different frequency to remove more.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I appreciate your help jagabo. I will continue to test this method and see if I can get a somewhat clean result
    Quote Quote