VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Vegas Movie Studio 16.

Media FX Video Stabilization takes 11 mins. on an 8 second clip

Is this plug in really this insanely slow?

11 mins. to stabilize an 8 second clip in 4k ?

This is literally unusable, unless I let it run for a month before I start editing.

What is going on ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't have that issue with Movie Studio 16. You didn't mention your computer specs or what kind of file you were stabilizing.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Open a new project.

Drop the problem video clip on the track.

Stabilize it.

With HD footage, it shouldn't take much longer to stabilize than the length of the clip (e.g., 10 seconds to stabilize a 10-second clip).

I suspect you have fX, track motion, compositing, or some other things going on that must be computed before the stabilization can be done.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Vegas tries to stabilize the ENTIRE video file, not just the clip

So, it was trying to stabilize the entire 15 minute clip.

You need to create a Subclip and then it takes like 5 seconds on an 8 second clip
    Quote Quote  
  5. You need to understand that Vegas lets you apply fX at four different places in the process (stabilization is an fX).

You can apply the fX at the event level. This is almost always where you want to apply a stabilization fX.

You can apply the fX at the media level by applying it in the Project Media view. ALL events from that media will then have the fX applied.

You can apply the fX at the track level. This will affect every single event on that track.

You can apply the fX at the output level. This will apply the fX to the entire project.
    Quote Quote