VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
Closed Thread
Results 1 to 27 of 27
Thread
  1. Is there a player that converts a movie from 24FPS to 60FPS?
    Once upon a time POWER DVD 12 did just that

    It brings sharpness, contrast, details to the film
    Very amazing

  2. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search PM
    Wow.

    EVERY player does just that. Unless you have a viewing system that is based on 24Hz (or 48/72/96...).


    Scott

  3. NO
    all movie players do not do that!
    They broadcast a movie at 24FPS or 25


    Perform conversion of 24 to 60 FPS film
    Need a lot of CPU power and a lot of processors
    Again for quality

  4. DECEASED
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Search Comp PM
    Is kjkjk32 == gamemaniaco

    In case of doubt, send him to the IgnoreList. 😇
    "Like this facility, I don't exist."

  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    Converting a movie from 24 to 60 fps does nothing for quality,sounds like a trolling post.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

  6. Are you looking for something like this? (I have no idea if it works and for all I know you may be trolling for them.)
    https://www.svp-team.com/

  7. Member DB83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    The 'feature' is present in earlier versions of PowerDVD as part of their 'True Theater' features.


    It was claimed that scaling from 24fps to 60fps created more smoothness in scenes with fast movement.


    If it was any good then why did Cyberlink discontinue it ?


    But I have to agree with earlier comments. This topic is another example of recent ones that are designed to Troll since any response is met with another piece of stupidity from the OP.

  8. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search PM
    NO, @kjkjk32, you are wrong.

    When a file is running at 24FPS, you still have to be able to see it, correct?

    How do you see it when your equipment (whether consumer TV, or computer monitor, or projector, etc) is running with a display rate of (usually) 60Hz (aka 60FPS)? It converts it!

    Depending on your system, it could do this in the app's software, or in the video driver and supporting OS APIs, or in the firmware of your video card.
    Or, it is just possible, but not likely, that it talks to the TV/monitor (via DP, HDMI, etc) and the display says it is ok with getting direct 24Hz signal, and it will upconvert it at the TV.
    More likely, it (the app/driver/vidcard) polls the display and asks what is its native refresh rate, and then it converts it to that so that the display doesn't need to do anything else. It could do this in a number of methods, but the most likely scenario is Telecine pulldown mode (2:3 or 3:2 cadence), as that is what has historically been used and it is commonplace, expected, and subliminally accepted as normal to those who are used to it (those in the NTSC parts of the world).
    And this method doesn't take hardly any processing power, just a buffer.

    Also, movies are projected in movie theaters at 24FPS (actually projector does double or triple flash, so image (re-)appears at 48FPS or 72FPS). There have been a very small amount of films that have tried other options (Peter Jackson- 48FPS, ToddAO- 30FPS), but they are the rare exception, not the universal rule.
    But there are NO movies that are natively projected at 25/50FPS nor at 29.97/30/59.94/60FPS. Any projector doing so, isn't a true cinema projector, merely a video projector being pressed into service to be a cheap equivalent. And when those are used, then all the above processes hold true. And this is also true when being "broadcasted", as though there may be accommodation in the specs for 24FPS options, those broadcast systems are designed to output 25/50 or 29.97/30/59.94/60 FPS signals.

    And what's all this "for quality" thing you keep mentioning? WHAT quality? What's the benchmark? How do you think things are happening? It's not just magic, you know.


    Scott

  9. I found software that converts 24 FPS to 60 FPS
    30 days free, try and see higher quality

    https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:SVP#How_it_Works
    https://www.svp-team.com/

  10. (whether consumer TV, or computer monitor, or projector, etc) is running with a display rate of (usually) 60Hz (aka 60FPS)? It converts it!
    You do not understand what the difference is between 60 HZ and 60 FPS
    Blu-ray + Blu-ray movies come in 24FPS
    Our situation is bad.

    But there are NO movies that are natively projected at 25/50FPS nor at 29.97/30/59.94/60FPS
    Who said there are natively movies at 60FPS
    I mentioned fact on TV shows that broadcast 60 FPS or 50
    That's the reality

    You can watch NBA broadcasts on YouTube summary or 60 FPS games

  11. Originally Posted by kjkjk32 View Post
    I found software that converts 24 FPS to 60 FPS
    30 days free, try and see higher quality
    So you are a troll for them?

    That software does not make higher quality -- far from it. It's a software version of a frame interpolation "feature" on some tvs that most of us turn off immediately because it makes the picture so weird.

    That said, you can also roll your own Avisynth script to do the same thing -- no cost.

    But if you like it, knock yourself out.

  12. So you are a troll for them?
    -
    You have a stupid and disgusting attitude
    No one sent me
    And stop inventing endless nonsense

  13. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Is kjkjk32 == gamemaniaco

    In case of doubt, send him to the IgnoreList. ��
    Ssssh...he may be like lordsmurf. Post his name three times and he magically appear.

    I've already posted his name in my recent thread, so only one more to go!

  14. Originally Posted by kjkjk32 View Post
    You have a stupid and disgusting attitude
    No one sent me
    And stop inventing endless nonsense
    I've actually given you some very good advice, including some you have obviously followed. I'm allowed one suspicious question.

  15. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I'm continually amazed at how posters, especially newcomers lash out at answers they don't like or understand. *SIGH*

  16. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by kjkjk32 View Post
    (whether consumer TV, or computer monitor, or projector, etc) is running with a display rate of (usually) 60Hz (aka 60FPS)? It converts it!
    You do not understand what the difference is between 60 HZ and 60 FPS
    Blu-ray + Blu-ray movies come in 24FPS
    Our situation is bad.

    But there are NO movies that are natively projected at 25/50FPS nor at 29.97/30/59.94/60FPS
    Who said there are natively movies at 60FPS
    I mentioned fact on TV shows that broadcast 60 FPS or 50
    That's the reality

    You can watch NBA broadcasts on YouTube summary or 60 FPS games
    (He don't know me vewwy well, do he?)

    I don't know about your situation, though I can guess.

    ACTUALLY, I DO understand the significance of Hz vs FPS. And of flicker rate vs. refresh rate.
    Maybe I am not couching my answers in ways that are easily digested by you. But I know & understand the answers, whereas you are the one asking the questions.

    I dare you to explain to us how any motion interpolated version of a 24FPS clip showing on a 60/120/240 Hz display would have higher quality than a 24FPS clip being quintuple-flashed (aka 5x) to 120FPS natively displaying on a 120/240 Hz display. THAT is the proper way to show it!


    Scott

  17. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    @kjkjk32

    Give it up. You're arguing with some members who know far more than you and I ever will unless we spend the years they have working professionally and personally in the video field.

  18. If it was any good then why did Cyberlink discontinue it ?
    It worked wonderfully but required a lot of CPU and a lot of cores
    And customers have a weak computer for movies and have complained that it takes up too much CPU

    And another thing to see quality need a computer processor with 3DNOW commands that AMD has stopped producing

    POWER DVD is a very old software that changes graphics every year and sells the same old engine that does not give quality

    That software does not make higher quality --
    I wrote I found software that converts 24 FPS to 60 FPS
    30 days free, try and see higher quality

    I did not write that I tried it, after I tried not good enough as a quality player that turns into a real 60 FPS and requires at least 12 cores

    You're arguing with some members who know far more than you
    It's nice that people write about themselves who understand and have no idea about the players and do not see that all computer players are outdated to analyze 100mbps !

    All the computer players are antique, whose developers left their project because they argued that they should be rewritten and not worth it financially!

  19. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search PM
    Hyperbolic malarkey and gobbledigook.

    Say something meaningful, or stop.


    Scott

  20. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Hyperbolic malarkey and gobbledigook.

    Say something meaningful, or stop.


    Scott

    This is also the problem of writing NOT to reality
    You continue to live in a movie and answer nonsense! Unable to answer the matter! Unable to see reality! Also write in 10 names !

    All the players you invent are abandoned by their developers
    Found for free online!

    All of these players are 20+ years old and were invented to play DVD neither Blu-ray nor 4K
    That requires new commands!

    No one will invest in building and programming a playeres for two years for free .

    All the commands of these players are so outdated that new computers are unfamiliar with these commands.
    The commands they run like X86, years ago were replaced or changed
    Several times by manufacturers like Intel or AMD .
    AMD commands like 3DNOW or 3 DNOW + 10 years ago have been replaced .
    Nothing was replaced in the playeres
    This is because computer processors Today come with new commands like AVX or AVX2 or AVX512 and players very old commands
    And therefore cannot process a large number of bits

    And you come to me with complaints ? What ? That I'm writing you the truth?

    Today more players are playing on a video card system
    And not computer commands that even a new computer processor knows what you want from it

    You can not replace an encoder or renderer with an outdated player, bring new filters to an outdated player

    The real reason the OPPO division closed is that the company's CEO received a plan to build new software for 4K players that would be able to analyze all the information they have at 100mbps.
    And the lab demanded $ 20 million just to develop new software and commands for OPPO players
    That's why OPPO closed.

    OPPO were afraid to reveal that their player is limited and not suitable for a 100mbps bandwidth player so quickly shut down the division!
    note do not sell the division!

    Why not sell the OPPO Blu-ray division worth at least $ 50 million?
    Because the buyer will find that he does not have a device to play 4K and will sue OPPO!

    If he sues OPPO it will reach consumers who have sold them a device that does not read all the 4K information and they will feel cheated



    That's the reality
    Last edited by kjkjk32; 16th Oct 2020 at 02:03.

  21. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search PM
    I rest my case.

    Yeah, probably gamemaniaco. Or that ilk.


    Scott

  22. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    I rest my case.

    Yeah, probably gamemaniaco. Or that ilk.


    Scott
    That you are unable to connect to reality or respond to reality
    You make up stories that I was sent by "creatures" ?
    Cornucopia you really here since 2001 ?

    Instead of answering the question, because maybe you do not understand much about player's
    or
    you are here to make up stories about a player's that do not even exist in reality

    the reality - that the movies that came from ultra Blu-ray are played by your whole player!
    not at true 4K resolution maybe a little less than 1080P

    this is why HDR in these films is inaccurate and not of high quality
    because HDR was built to work in 4K not in less 1080P

    maybe all the movies taken from Blu-ray Ultra are not seen in 4K resolution
    because of Defensively in Ulera Blu-ray is too good
    So you get the movie but without 4K

  23. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    I rest my case.

    Yeah, probably gamemaniaco. Or that ilk.


    Scott
    Can't be believe I'm saying this...but at least gamey makes sense!

  24. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kjkjk32 View Post
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    I rest my case.

    Yeah, probably gamemaniaco. Or that ilk.


    Scott
    That you are unable to connect to reality or respond to reality
    You make up stories that I was sent by "creatures" ?
    Cornucopia you really here since 2001 ?

    Instead of answering the question, because maybe you do not understand much about player's
    or
    you are here to make up stories about a player's that do not even exist in reality

    the reality - that the movies that came from ultra Blu-ray are played by your whole player!
    not at true 4K resolution maybe a little less than 1080P

    this is why HDR in these films is inaccurate and not of high quality
    because HDR was built to work in 4K not in less 1080P

    maybe all the movies taken from Blu-ray Ultra are not seen in 4K resolution
    because of Defensively in Ulera Blu-ray is too good
    So you get the movie but without 4K
    So what you want either doesn't exist or is in the "I'm looking for something that no one else is."

    Don't go away mad...just go away.

  25. sounds like want to interpolate 24fps tp 60fps (or higher).... some projectors do this, for example my epson 6500ub, svp does it but it can be resource heavy, and almost unusable if you want to use svp with madvr even with the top-shelf card, splash video player also does it, which was a free player the last time i checked.

  26. People gave me an example and said
    Watch the movie " Mulan " UHD that is in a 11.4GB file size.

    What a beauty the film that comes from Ultra Blu-ray looks
    and I need to fix them

    that file does not come from Ultra Blu-ray is derived from the download of a 4K Streamer movie
    This is the problem Many movies come from 4K Streamer and not Blu-ray Ultra and the difference between Sky and Earth

    The movie Mulan has not yet been released in Blue Ray
    https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mulan-Blu-ray/258539/

    Unfortunately perhaps the mechanism of Ultra Blu-ray has been broken but
    The movie they bring is not real 4K! ( The computer is doing UPSCALE ).

    The sound is also damaged! ( In many movies DTS sounds better than DTS-HD and the same AC3
    The person who broke the film did not do a good job ) Anyone who rents or buys the movie will understand the difference

    HDR was not called from the file IN Ultra Blue Ray outbreak so it was invented as if HDR through encoders like madVR
    Invented 10 years ago (before HDR was invented)

    madVR - Write on the page that this encoder works on " using BT.601/709 gamma curve with HDR tone mapping "

    Sorry to say HDR does not work in REC 601 or 709 only P3 OR 2020 AND IN 10 BIT not 8 bit

  27. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    Please do not discuss or mention movies you have illegally downloaded,this is against forum rules,this thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.




Similar Threads