VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys I have some classic movies than I love to wach and I want to make a backup on a MKV file so I can have it on a external disc, but so far I have a fullhd tv, and because that IŽll encode this movies in uhd to a fullhd several of this movies have directorŽs commentary and I so wish to convert this subtitle from the uhd to a some srt full hd so IŽll can wach on my full hd tv, the movie with comentaries

Is there some tool for convert subtitles UHD to SRT subtitles in full hd?

Thank You in advance !!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look for PGS to SRT Subtitle Edit is one program
    BeyonWiz T3 PVR ~ Popcorn A-500 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 64bit ~ Yamaha RX-A1070 ~ QnapTS851-4G
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Look for PGS to SRT Subtitle Edit is one program
    Thank You Netmask so this tool convert the uhd PGS subtitle to full hd SRT subtitle without problems?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no thing as "full hd SRT subtitle". SRT is just text and timecodes.

Thereby, "converting" isn't the right phrase I think. When you import a PGS stream (aka SUP) into SubtitleEdit with the intention to create srt, it'll go through a process called OCR, which is short for optical character reading. It "tries" to create text out of the pictures inside the PGS stream.
    During this process there will be more/less (reading-) errors. These have to be corrected.
    Quote Quote