VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread
  1. I have 30fps video, that is actually just 25fps with duplicates to make it 30fps.

    I was wondering if there was a script to restore the original 25fps stream, without any inaccuracy.

    There are also dropped frames in this video during fast motion for some reason, they are replaced with dupes. Will these frame drops effect the accuracy of decimation plugins such as tdecimate in mode 2?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Taking 30 fps with duplicates to 25 fps can be done with AVISynth:
    Code:
    TFM()
    TDecimate(Cycle=6,CycleR=1)
    If, however, you have dups AND dropped frames, that is an entirely different problem and is more difficult to fix. I wrote a script for this situation that I described over at doom9.org:

    Automatically fix dups followed (eventually) by drops

    You need to post 10-15 seconds of he original video, without re-encoding, in order to tell what's really going on.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Taking 30 fps with duplicates to 25 fps can be done with AVISynth:
    Code:
    TFM()
    TDecimate(Cycle=6,CycleR=1)
    If, however, you have dups AND dropped frames, that is an entirely different problem and is more difficult to fix. I wrote a script for this situation that I described over at doom9.org:

    Automatically fix dups followed (eventually) by drops

    You need to post 10-15 seconds of he original video, without re-encoding, in order to tell what's really going on.
    Will the dropped frame dupes effect the accuracy of the tdecimate(cycle=6, cycleR=1) script?

    I can't post a clip as its a private home video I don't really want to share it over the internet.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by embis2003 View Post
    Will the dropped frame dupes effect the accuracy of the tdecimate(cycle=6, cycleR=1) script?
    Yes. That's why johnmeyer asked for a sample.
    I don't really want to share it over the internet.
    Then you don't really want any help. Surely you're not claiming there's not 10 seconds of innocuous video you can post?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by embis2003 View Post
    Will the dropped frame dupes effect the accuracy of the tdecimate(cycle=6, cycleR=1) script?
    Yes. That's what I already said. To say it again, if you only have duplicates, the two-line script will work, and it will work perfectly. If instead you have drops followed by dups, that is something usually caused by a bad capture card or screen capture. If the capture can't keep up, the software drops a frame but then, a few frames later, adds a dup in order to keep the audio in sync.

    It is relatively easy to write software which can find duplicates, but much more difficult to detect where there is a gap left by the missing frame. However, that is what my much more complicated script does.

    Since you refuse to upload a video, you will just have to figure it all out yourself from this point forward.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Originally Posted by embis2003 View Post
    Will the dropped frame dupes effect the accuracy of the tdecimate(cycle=6, cycleR=1) script?
    Yes. That's what I already said. To say it again, if you only have duplicates, the two-line script will work, and it will work perfectly. If instead you have drops followed by dups, that is something usually caused by a bad capture card or screen capture. If the capture can't keep up, the software drops a frame but then, a few frames later, adds a dup in order to keep the audio in sync.

    It is relatively easy to write software which can find duplicates, but much more difficult to detect where there is a gap left by the missing frame. However, that is what my much more complicated script does.

    Since you refuse to upload a video, you will just have to figure it all out yourself from this point forward.
    I am fine with that, I am not quite sure why there is so much pressure on me to upload the video, i just wanted to ask some questions, i am find with figuring it out by myself, that's how i learn. i respect the privacy of the people in the video and i am not about to post any clips of them over the internet. I'm surprised you guys wouldn't be more understanding.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by embis2003 View Post
    I am fine with that, I am not quite sure why there is so much pressure on me to upload the video, i just wanted to ask some questions, i am find with figuring it out by myself, that's how i learn. i respect the privacy of the people in the video and i am not about to post any clips of them over the internet. I'm surprised you guys wouldn't be more understanding.
    You misunderstand. We are strangers who have taken time to help you, but our efforts are not worth anything without being able to see the video. However, since you've made your choice to not allow anyone to see the actual problem you are trying to solve, you probably won't get any more suggestions.

    This isn't anger; it is frustration, although I will admit to being a little peeved at having wasted 5-10 minutes of my life writing my several posts, apparently all for naught.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads