I want to change the appearance of the subtitles in a set of Blu-Ray folders, which contain multiple episodes at 1920x1080, 29.97 FPS.
So I extracted the video, audio, and subtitles for the first episode, then used Subtitle Edit to OCR them into an .srt file. I then used Aegisub to apply the subtitle styling I prefer with the Consolas font and saved them in the .ass format, but it took a few tries to set the font size that suited me best. To do this, I needed to actually see the combined results, so I used MKVToolNix GUI to merge them, then played them using VLC and/or VSO Media Player. My first try was for font size 18, but the subs looked too large for my tastes, so I decreased the size until I reached size 6, which looked ideal.
So I repeated that sequence for the next episode, but this time Consolas 6 was so tiny as to be indecipherable! In order for the subs in Episode 2 to approximately match the appearance of Episode 1, I had to set the font size to Consolas 20. Why does this happen? What am I doing wrong, please?
I've attached a zip file containing the text output from MediaInfo, but I don't think they will help; but who knows?
I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, version 1909
Thank you for your help and time!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Last edited by EmmB; 10th Oct 2020 at 22:55. Reason: Added OS info
Did you open the .ass subtitles and check what is actually specified in there?
Have you checked if PlayResX and PlayResY are used in your final version?
[Script Info] Title: Image to ASS Draw commands v0.5 [by Diclonius Subs] ScriptType: v4.00+ PlayResX: 640 PlayResY: 480
But thanks for your reply!
Thanks for your reply as well. Those tags did not exist in any of my .ass subtitle files. The closes I could find were ScaleX and ScaleY, and they were both correctly set at 100.
But here is the first part of the script:
[Script Info] ; Script generated by Aegisub 3.2.2 ; http://www.aegisub.org/ Title: Default Aegisub file ScriptType: v4.00+ WrapStyle: 0 ScaledBorderAndShadow: yes YCbCr Matrix: None [Aegisub Project Garbage] Last Style Storage: Default Scroll Position: 671 Active Line: 683
But if you want to try to solve the mystery, please do so and report what you find!