VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am pretty sure the question in the title is theoretically impossible, based on my research.

But I'm curious if there is a way to reduce the blended appearance; not to restore the original, but to suppress the appearance of the blending in some way.

I have PAL footage that was blend-deinterlaced, it has blending on every frame.

Is there anything, and I mean anything, that can be done to reduce the blending?
    Last edited by embis2003; 10th Oct 2020 at 19:26.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by embis2003 View Post
    I am pretty the question in the title is theoretically impossible, based on my research.

But I'm curious if there is a way to reduce the blended appearance; not to restore the original, but to suppress the appearance of the blending in someway.

Is there anything, and I mean anything, that can be done to reduce the blending?
    Post a sample, showing some steady movement. 10 - 20 seconds should be enough
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by embis2003 View Post
    I am pretty the question in the title is theoretically impossible, based on my research.

But I'm curious if there is a way to reduce the blended appearance; not to restore the original, but to suppress the appearance of the blending in someway.

Post a sample, showing some steady movement. 10 - 20 seconds should be enough
    Here you go, its attached below.

I should probably note, its blend-deinterlaced PAL video with duplicates to make it 30 fps.

btw the original doesn't have that harsh blocking, it has a little but not that much, that was just from the rencode.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. There's no fix for that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    There's no fix for that.
    Quote Quote