VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

Was after some help on what my best workflow would be for the following.

I work with some sports team where I cut video from a match of each of their players. So at the end of the match I will have 20 video files I need to distribute to the team, where all the coaches and players can view/download these videos.

Previously I have uploaded the videos to YouTube unlisted, and provided the team with the 20 links in a spreadsheet. Which means the coach could just share this spreadsheet to the team, where they could then copy and paste their link to see their video.

How would a similar type of workflow work on Google Drive or Dropbox? If I was to upload the 20 files into a folder onto Dropbox to Google Drive, is there a way I can then just get a link to this folder which can be shared to the coach and then passed onto the players? Allowing everyone to easily view the videos? However I wouldn't want this workflow to mean the files will take up space on the coaches' dropbox/google drive who I send the files to originally. If someone can break that down for me that would be great thanks.

Cheers,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Pretty sure if you share a folder link then anyone you give that link to can view all files in that folder. That should work the same way in Dropbox or Google Drive. Is that what you want?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by videoquestion123 View Post
    However I wouldn't want this workflow to mean the files will take up space on the coaches' dropbox/google drive who I send the files to originally.
    They take up space on the account you're uploading to. You can setup different accounts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just how many gb will 20 videos take ?

AFAIK Google drive only gives you 15gb unless you pay for more. DropBox gives significantly less.

And if you are going to pay you might want to consider FTP.
    Quote Quote