VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. there's a way to remove these infos? (already tried mkvtoolnix header editor and mkvmerge cli but none of them worked :/)

[Attachment 55344 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    It doesn't make sense to "remove" them as they are important for a correct chrominance display, and the HEVC video header reserved a few bits for this flag anyway (thus a flag editor for the MKV container won't work, as they are in the video content, not in the container). It might be set to a value meaning "unknown", but these are the defaults for HD content, anyway.

Is there any reason that makes you believe they should not be there?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    It doesn't make sense to "remove" them as they are important for a correct chrominance display, and the HEVC video header reserved a few bits for this flag anyway (thus a flag editor for the MKV container won't work, as they are in the video content, not in the container). It might be set to a value meaning "unknown", but these are the defaults for HD content, anyway.

Is there any reason that makes you believe they should not be there?
    it's not like i belive they shouldn't be there, but i would like that the file info be like this

[Attachment 55361 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Code:
    ffmpeg -i "INPUT" -codec copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=colour_primaries=-1,hevc_metadata=transfer_characteristics=-1,hevc_metadata=matrix_coefficients=-1 "OUTPUT"
    should remove "Color primaries", "Transfer characteristics" and "Matrix coefficients", see: https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bitstream-filters.html#h264_005fmetadata

Don't know a way to remove color range. (+ I think it's a bad idea to remove it)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. ffmpeg -i "input" -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=video_full_range_flag=1 "output"

As you should be aware, it will change how video players display your file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @butterw: your call does not remove the 'Color range' info it just changes it from 'Limited' to 'Full',... and no 'hevc_metadata=video_full_range_flag=-1' doesn't do the trick either.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, I'm assuming the OP wants to change the range from Limited to Full.

The OP request to remove this tag makes little sense to me otherwise, given that Limited will likely be handled the same as if the parameter is absent...
    Quote Quote  
  8. I thought that with with screenshot https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=55361 he was pretty clear that he wanted to remove the info,..
    Quote Quote  
  9. Unfortunately, the OP wasn't clear enough with regard to his motivation.
    Quote Quote