VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What OS is best for video editing?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,
    So I am writing this on a PC. I edit videos for YT, stuff to do with nature mostly. I am just wondering if anyone here thinks that Final Cut Pro is worth getting?.

I am thinking about getting a Mac for FCP, but I need some good opinions before I decided to make the move. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Unless you are in a collaborative work environment sharing projects with others, it is a matter of personal preference. Both are quite capable.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you're planning on buying a Mac I suggest you wait to see what the new ARM based Macs will offer performance wise.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I get the impression that youtubers are using Premier Pro more these days, and they're paying a lot more for it, so I figured it was probably somewhat more sophisticated than Final Cut Pro.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    KdenLive shouldn't even be a poll entry.

FCP vs. Premiere.

I like both. But mostly use and prefer Premiere.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by philraymond View Post
    I get the impression that youtubers are using Premier Pro more these days, and they're paying a lot more for it, so I figured it was probably somewhat more sophisticated than Final Cut Pro.
    It's not a question of sophistication -- it's a question of market penetration. Premiere is cross-platform, integrates well with other Adobe tools (Photoshop, After Effects) and cheap if you are a student. FCPX ties you to Apple, is relatively inexpensive, and some folks really love it. DaVinci Resolve should probably be on your list too. Again -- personal preference.
    Quote Quote