VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys,

I was wondering how I am doing a real remux of an seamless UHD BluRay. In my example I am trying to backup my Star Wars Episode 9 UHD to my hard disk. I found the right playlist and added the playlist to mkvtoolnix, eac3to and MakeMKV to make a remux of it. Theoretically, every software should create the exact same files, because it is a remux. But every software created partly different files. I demuxed every mkv and every movie file (the HEVC stream) had a minimal different file size. (See the picture I uploaded)

So I was wondering: Does every Software create an untouched Remux? Where do the minimal differences come from? Which software creates the real untouched Remux? Keep in mind: With a not seamless branching UHD, mkvtoolnix and eac3to are creating exact same files. Only with seamless branching the files are different. And MakeMKV creates every time slightly different files.
    [Attachment 55267 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote