VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I accidentally dropped one of mine onto a hard surface, something is now rattling around loose inside (but WHAT ?), and the player has since developed "Alzheimers." (It does not see or recall videos added to a hard drive or flashdrive since the drop, which the other WD Live TV players will find and play. Besides that, it seems to still be functional -- but that deficit is still a dealbreaker.) I believe that the device is probably toast at this point, but I'd like to find out what came loose, for future reference. There are no apparent screws or other points at which one could take this device apart, and I'd rather not use a crowbar type solution if I don't have to. A Google search came up with a reputed procedure for taking apart a different model, the Live TV Hub. Might anyone here know the answer ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    I accidentally dropped one of mine onto a hard surface, something is now rattling around loose inside (but WHAT ?), and the player has since developed "Alzheimers." (It does not see or recall videos added to a hard drive or flashdrive since the drop, which the other WD Live TV players will find and play. Besides that, it seems to still be functional -- but that deficit is still a dealbreaker.) I believe that the device is probably toast at this point, but I'd like to find out what came loose, for future reference. There are no apparent screws or other points at which one could take this device apart, and I'd rather not use a crowbar type solution if I don't have to. A Google search came up with a reputed procedure for taking apart a different model, the Live TV Hub. Might anyone here know the answer ?
    here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9SzJfuzFTk
    the top justs pry's off
    Quote Quote