VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, I have been performing this project of converting all of my old VHS tapes to DVDs so that I could upgrade to a just DVD/possibly Blu-Ray or 4k Blu Ray supporting trailer. The VHS side of things has been working great, but I am running into problems with the DVD side of things. For the past few days, whenever I try to burn a VOB file to a DVD9, the program WinX DVD Author starts burning, but then it says that the burn process was wrong and ejects my discs, leaving them unusable. I have tried adjusting the write speed, checking my DVD burner, unplugging the DVD drive then plugging it back it, unplugging the power to my laptop and DVD player before shutting down my computer and slowly plugging them back in, and changing what discs I use. I managed to get it to start working for a little bit, but I have no idea what to do. How do I solve this issue, and if I should use different software, how do I easily do so (I'm a beginner and WinX is easy to use, so that is why I used it.) ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What computer and what operating system are you using? Windows computers with older operating systems often turn off DMA to DVD drives. That has to be re-enabled, if indeed it has been degraded. The usual solution is to go to device manager, find the IDE connection, and remove it. When Windows next boots it will re-install the drivers and the burner will be fast again.

This might not be the problem, but since I have seen these more than a dozen times, I know it is the most common cause for what you describe.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    What computer and what operating system are you using? Windows computers with older operating systems often turn off DMA to DVD drives. That has to be re-enabled, if indeed it has been degraded. The usual solution is to go to device manager, find the IDE connection, and remove it. When Windows next boots it will re-install the drivers and the burner will be fast again.

This might not be the problem, but since I have seen these more than a dozen times, I know it is the most common cause for what you describe.
    I am using Windows 10 Home Edition to do this, as it came pre-installed when I got my laptop.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have the program create the Video_TS folder (or ISO if you prefer)
    and then burn with Imgburn
    Quote Quote  
  5. On that note, how do I set layer breaks with Imgburn?
    Quote Quote