VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used an online tool website to download a video off Twitter . When I tried to play it on my mobile it said it could Not. I then compared the mp4 Detail using the codec ID with mediainfo- and noticed they all have different codec IDs type inside the mp4 - the twitter video that was download by a website tool -most likely did not choose the proper codec in order to play .
    I have several mp4 on my mobile and all play ok. All have - "writing aplication -Lavf58" but twitter video does Not- also
    working MP4 on my mobile - codec ID: isom
    twitter video - not working - codec ID : mp42

when I try to reformat (convert) the twitter video with the correct parameters - it degrades the video Quality.
    Does anyone know of a downloader tool that can download off twitter for free ??
    I think an executable downloader should be able to do it Properly - all Online ones dont do it properly !
    Last edited by melani; 28th Sep 2020 at 05:50.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Post full mediainfo text output for working and not working.
    Also what video player are you using ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by melani View Post
    Does anyone know of a downloader tool that can download off twitter for free ??
    youtube-dl.

As for your Samsung Galaxy "device", well, you can try a different media player, not the one shipped by the manufacturer or forced by Google Evil Inc.,
    OR you can remux the MP4 files from Twitter with mp4box or L-Smash's remuxer...
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    Post full mediainfo text output for working and not working.
    Also what video player are you using ?
    Thats probably it - so I opted for just installing the VLC apk app - it plays now .
    Was using an old basic Player before that came with the phone.

Thanks
    Quote Quote