VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. I’m gutted, I had to reset my laptop and now when I try to do a capture the audio is out of sync. Im Using the exact same settings as before when I had it working perfectly. The only difference I can see is that now the Microsoft audio driver for the dazzle is a later version dated 2021. I have tried to install the dazzle audio driver but it keeps saying that it has the most up to date driver installed! I’ve tried everything. I’ve even tried recording the audio from the line in direct from the vcr, but for some reason when I select the line in audio input in virtual dub, the video input disappears. I’m almost tempted to buy an old laptop, to see if the dazzle works on that, do I need a windows 7 machine? Or do I go older?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by DMS View Post
    I try to do a capture the audio is out of sync. Im Using the exact same settings as before when I had it working perfectly. The only difference I can see is that now the Microsoft audio driver for the dazzle is a later version dated 2021.
    Is the audio always out-of-sync by the same amount? I ran into the same problem using the Dazzle, Windows 10, and VDub. The audio was always a half-second behind. As a work-around, I would make a corrected copy. In VDub, I went to "Audio->Interleaving". Under "Audio skew correction", I set delay at "-500". Both Video and Audio were set to "Direct Stream Copy". There is no quality loss, using this method.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by anachronon View Post
    Originally Posted by DMS View Post
    I try to do a capture the audio is out of sync. Im Using the exact same settings as before when I had it working perfectly. The only difference I can see is that now the Microsoft audio driver for the dazzle is a later version dated 2021.
    Is the audio always out-of-sync by the same amount? I ran into the same problem using the Dazzle, Windows 10, and VDub. The audio was always a half-second behind. As a work-around, I would make a corrected copy. In VDub, I went to "Audio->Interleaving". Under "Audio skew correction", I set delay at "-500". Both Video and Audio were set to "Direct Stream Copy". There is no quality loss, using this method.
    It starts in sync, but then goes off, im almost certain the issue is the Windows USBAUDIO.sys driver which Windows insists it installs. Windows will not let me install the Dazzle Audio driver and it just keeps saying the best driver is installed for this device.
    [Attachment 58595 - Click to enlarge]

My Dazzle worked perfectly before i had to reset my PC i had an older Windows USBAUDIO driver installed which was dated 2020 as mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread. I tried a new capture card to see if that worked and that had the same issue Windows would just install the same AUDIO driver. Not sure where i go from here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    To install the older driver you need to go to control panel/device manager/dazzle device/driver/update driver/browse my computer for drivers/let me pick /have disk and point to the folder where the older driver is located.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    To install the older driver you need to go to control panel/device manager/dazzle device/driver/update driver/browse my computer for drivers/let me pick /have disk and point to the folder where the older driver is located.
    Thanks for this, i did manage to install the Dazzle Audio Driver but when i go in to Virtualdub2 the Audio Capture USB WDM source is not there to select and the video source is black if i select the Line Source. I also tried it in VirtualDub 1.9 and amarectv 310 and get the same results.
    [Attachment 58597 - Click to enlarge]

If i re-install the Microsoft Audio Driver, i can select the WDM Audio source and the video source comes back, but the audio goes out of sync after a few seconds of capture, and gets worse the longer it goes on.

[Attachment 58598 - Click to enlarge]

Before i did the reset i was using the Roxio Video driver work around mentioned in the earlier posts and a Microsoft Audio Driver also mentioned in my earlier posts and all work perfectly.

This is the the Audio Driver that installs automatically if you just plug the device in.

[Attachment 58599 - Click to enlarge]

This is the Windows Version

[Attachment 58600 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Bit of an update from me, this may help others who are struggling still. I decided to have another go with the Dazzle and I have managed to find another work around! So I did a fresh install of Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle, this installs the standard dazzle video driver and Microsoft audio driver. Pinnacle Studio captures ok now, but sometimes the audio is hit and miss. I tried capturing with Virtualdub 1.9, 1.10 and VD2 and it just doesn’t like the audio driver, on the older versions it doesn’t even find the audio in. And in VD2 I get the windows stop code emBDA64.sys error. I am now using amarecTV 3.10 and this seems to work perfectly, no dropped frames or audio sync issues, i am happy with this as I can again capture using lagarith, and I can then go back to Virtual Dub for the other parts.

Cheers

DMS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lack of TBC strikes again.
    Re-capture required.

Never use Pinnacle Studio. It's crapware. Use VirtualDub.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Lack of TBC strikes again.
    Re-capture required.

Never use Pinnacle Studio. It's crapware. Use VirtualDub.
    Hi Lord Smurf

Unfortunatly the audio drivers for my dazzle no longer allows me to use Virtual Dub (tried 1.9/1.10/VD2) to capture, i would love to use it but i have tried everything to get it working again and it just doesnt want to! I have had to resort to using amarecTV which captures without any dropped frames or audio sync issues, so i will carry on using it. I am only doing my vhs captures as a hobby and feel i do not have a need for a TBC (though i do see why it is recommended). You are correct that Pinnacle Studio is crap, i just mentioned it as installing the latest version installs the drivers that got my dazzle working again. Just thought i would mention it just in case anyone else had any issues.

Cheers

DMS
    Quote Quote  
  9. For anyone who wonders what happened to my Corel E-Mail support. (tl;dr: nothing new as you may noticed when load Pinnacle)

After I clarified to the L2 support about the 5 seconds fames inserted issue, I was going to ask on 15th March about the state. He replied that a "New Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle 23.2.2.106 has been released" and I should try... okay. I had to calm down... really calm down... and explained again, that I don't give a f* about the software and it is a driver issue. Of course I tried and it still loads the buggy 1.09.

So he escalated to a L3. I quoted users from this thread with the same issue. He also checked this Thread. So he asked me to have a remote session with one dev on my PC. I agreed.
    It was the 29th March. The Dev tested with Pinnacle Studio, we made testrecordings and for some reason (of his changes), Pinnacle only displayed a black screen. He played around a lot with GraphStudio.
    After 3 hours I told him, that my issue is not related in any way to Pinnacle Studio and showed him the issue with VirtualDub2. I also loaded the previous testrecordings of Pinnacle and showed him frame by frame, that the video it "stuck" every 5 seconds with a frame Inserted.
    He thanked for the hint and want to investigate.

Weeks passed by again and since May 2021 Windows 1909 is out of support for consumers. So target customers now have to use at least 2004. So I asked again.
    He wrote:
    We are expecting a driver update to resolve some recent compatibility problems with latest Nvidia driver, and also to fix a problem with minor audio level drop after capture start. Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle will be updated when that driver is ready. I expect the frame insertion problem can be fixed also, but I don't have confirmation about this yet. As soon as I have information, I will update you.
    So some more wait, I guess?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Two things I did:

1) Purchased an installable 1909 image on eBay. Just $10 including shipping. Well-documented. You can actually get many other historic builds. Not illegal as I have a Windows 10 key from my purchase of the target machine. Works like a charm. Just don't connect to the internet to avoid accidental update (which can be prevented if you have Windows 10 Pro and administratively control update parameters). Spare machine. No problems. Transfers flawlessly to Pinnacle Studio products.

2) Purchased the Hauppauge USB-Live2 device. Works fine with current Windows 10 build. Capture with their hardware and then import to Pinnacle Studio 24.

Yes, Avid/Pinnacle should deal with their device's driver problem. Why won't they? Because there are so few of us analog to digital conversion people out here. Very sad for those who have used their line of products for a decade or more.

Bottom line, you can perform analog to digital capture/conversion with Hauppauge USB-Live2 hardware. You can use its output in Studio 24.

This post and thread has been very helpful in charting a course to a workable solution for me. Continuing to wait for Avid/Pinnacle on a Dazzle solution is unnecessary. The Hauppauge solution costs less than $50. The Windows 10 1909 build was a cool workaround, but not realistic unless you have a well-equipped "spare" machine.

Happy capturing and editing, folks!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Purchasing a Windows image is a waste of money. You payed for the material. You can download from here: https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php and prepare a bootable USB-Stick with Rufus: https://rufus.ie/ For 10$ it could be a nice 16GB USB-Stick.
    Your key/HWID activation will work with any previous Windows Build.

If you have a second device to run an older Windows build without internet, you are fine. I think most people want run only one system and if they go the legal way, they have a problem now. They can purchase only Home and Pro (other Editions on ebay aren't legal, even if they activate fine). They will now automatically upgrade to 2004/20H2, because 1909 Home/Pro won't receive any update anymore. On Pro you could prevent with group policies which isn't worth the security risk.
    For a working Dazzle they would need 1909 Education/Enterprise to receive updates until May 2022. You can't obtain as private person. One year will pass quickly, then you would need 1809 LTSC to receive updates until 2029. You can't obtain as private person.

Anyway, you are right, video capturing guys aren't important anymore, so Corel is not in rush. And other people will use external convert and capturing the HDMI output.

I tried Hauppauge USB-Live2 and Elgato video capture. Both had the same problem for me that loud music did result in clipped audio distortion. Also the videoquality was a little less sharp than on Dazzle. So for me, the Dazzle is still the way to go.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry I got you so wound up. Just relating my experience, not challenging anyone. And, yes, it was a nice 16GB SanDisk USB stick.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by leachim View Post
    Just found this thread - thanks for starting it

I had a Dazzle DV100 for importing video from tapes into computer via import and Pinn Studio 19

Found that didn't work any good with Win 10, so I spent £50 on Dazzle DVD Recorder HD input device (looks similar to DV100) which comes with a (cut down) version of Studio 23? Also spent money on these smaller usb converters - same results - choppy audio and video

Spent ages thinking it was my VHS player - even took it apart

I have Win 10 2H04 and wonder if there is an update from Windows or Pinnacle yet

DRIVING ME CRAZY.....

Or can I get the DV100 working with another type of input programme. So I can get my money back from Corel....

Hi
    I nearly did the same as you, after having spent the last couple of weeks trying to figure out what's wrong. But just before I decided to go for a new device, I came across this tread, and are quite sure it's the same problem as I have experienced.
    Last time I captured was about a year ago, then everything worked perfect.

First I want to mention this: I never installed anything for my Dazzle DVC100 on the latest computers I have used it on. No Pinnacle software, and no driver. Just plugged it in with the USB, and then captured using Debut Video Capture, and Potplayer. My latest VHS captures became great, and I think Potplayer is the best software to use, with all it's settings, where you can select any formats, bitrate etc and about everything. Don't know any drawbacks with it, but hasn't seen or heard about anybody else using it to capture with.
    However this new problem also shows best in Potplayer, but can be seen with others as well, when I look harder, but it comes and goes a little.
    To describe it, it's like the video stops for a moment now and then, around every 5th second. Haven't noticed anything on the sound though. But I have the latest win 10 update: 20H2.

Can we hope that this will be fixed with the next Win 10 update?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I've been struggling with this same problem for a while now. Whatever changed in that Windows update didn't just screw with the DVC 100, it also affected other devices, like the USB Vidbox NW03 - I get the exact same issues as the DVC, missed / skipped frames in Virtualdub.

I have a couple of other SD capture devices handy, but they're all Hauppauge branded, which ... brings its own set of problems.

There's got to be some info out there that says exactly what is causing all of these problems. I don't think my system can handle running a virtual PC and capturing anything...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    I did the install described here, and it all seems to work fine so far. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dolvan View Post
    I decided to give this another shot, and noticed something:

That combination of drivers (Roxio Video Capture + standalone audio driver) made Virtualdub2 crash with a memory access violation error when attempting to capture.

So I tried it in Virtualdub 1.10.4; capturing with audio playback enabled caused seven frames per second to be dropped.

Capturing in 1.10.4 with audio playback off worked, and it didn't drop frames, but the audio in the AVI was lagged by around one to two seconds.

And capturing in AmarecTV 3.10 worked without problems, except for the first few seconds of the video being blank. (But I'm not sure if it's doing any processing since I didn't see any interlacing.)

So whatever is going on here might be related to the audio part of the driver.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Foxhack View Post
    Originally Posted by Dolvan View Post
    I decided to give this another shot, and noticed something:

That combination of drivers (Roxio Video Capture + standalone audio driver) made Virtualdub2 crash with a memory access violation error when attempting to capture.

So I tried it in Virtualdub 1.10.4; capturing with audio playback enabled caused seven frames per second to be dropped.

Capturing in 1.10.4 with audio playback off worked, and it didn't drop frames, but the audio in the AVI was lagged by around one to two seconds.

And capturing in AmarecTV 3.10 worked without problems, except for the first few seconds of the video being blank. (But I'm not sure if it's doing any processing since I didn't see any interlacing.)

So whatever is going on here might be related to the audio part of the driver.
    Should mention that I didn't install the audio driver, attached in the post I linked to above, only the video driver, the "EMBDA_x86_x64.inf".
    And a diffence also after i installed this: the sound is heard all the time during playback, not only when the program for capturing is turned on, like it was before.
    But at least it works fine when capturing, so I left it there for now.

Ps. When I installed the driver, there came up a warning. Saying something like -this driver is not compatible with windows/can damage the system.. Something like that. But I suppose it was ok to ignore that?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Morku View Post
    Maybe I should be to exciting. I have checked smoothness with Mario Kart again. It looks like, the videosource is divided at the middle of the recording.
    When I deinterlace, the top half image is "Top Field first", the bottom is "bottom field first".
    I have never seen that before:

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/VBDgFt7.jpg

So if I deinterlace Top Field first, only the top is smooth. The other half image is jumping around back and forth. If I deinterlace bottom field first, it's the way around. Odd...

@DMS

I don't notice this at your footage. Can you please check in your device-manager at Audio, Video and Gamecontroller what is the driverversion of Roxio you use for the Video and Audio Device of Dazzle? Thank you.

EDIT: Looks like a hit and miss. Sometimes I have the desribed issue to have the top/bottom field issue in image. Sometimes it doesn't.
    If all is top field first, the recording is fine. At the end, still a workaround.

EDIT2: Found for myself when it happens and when not.
    When the driver is installed and I plug in the Dazzle -> I get this top/bottom v-sync(?) issue.

Now, when I go to device-manager and reinstall the driver (you only have to select it from the list again, you don't need to install the inf again), the recoding is fine. Make sure to have the Preview window closed before doing, otherwise, Windows requests a restart and you have to do again.

So when always I want have a clean recording, I have to "reinstall" the driver, after I pluged in the Dazzle.
    I have attached a video of the issue, if you are interested about. Here I have deinterlaced Top Field first. The bottom is shaky. If I would Deinterlace Bottom Field first, it would be the way around.
    Did not notice this at first, but then I saw it when turning off the video so that only snow is displayed.
    Pic: https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/T4Twbw3.jpg

But on the recordings it's much harder to see.
    I reinstalled the driver like described above, and the dividing line was almost gone, but there appeared 2-3 more showing vaguely, that comes and goes on different places on the picture. And then the audio distortion also came back.
    When restarting the computer, the more distinctive dividing line in the middle was back, while the audio was fine again.

Now I tried to reinstall the previous driver yet again ( the new compitable driver that was posted earlier in the tread). The video was clearly best with that, without any problems that I could notice .
    But with that one, the audio distortion appeared after one restart and kept being there from then on.
    But now that distortion is gone, even after restarting the computer a couple of times. So right now it all seem to be in order here.
    I don't know what happens, but it looked like installing that roxio driver, and then back to the previous one fixed it somehow. If it's something that will last, time will show.
    I didn't install any audio driver at any point.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I had trouble with sound and dazzle DV100

Subsequently I upgraded ALL my 2 hard drives to Solid State Drives

I had a SSD for my C drive but a normal drive for my data drive where I was importing the stuff from Dazzle

Now I do not seem to have the problem

Let me know if anyone tries this as it was driving me mad

Quote Quote  
  20. I had trouble with sound and dazzle DVC100

Subsequently I upgraded ALL my 2 hard drives to Solid State Drives

I had a SSD for my C drive but a normal drive for my data drive where I was importing the stuff from Dazzle

Now I do not seem to have the problem

Let me know if anyone tries this as it was driving me mad

Quote Quote  
  21. Just noticed there was an update for Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle, I am now on 23.2.4.120. Not sure if this was an old update I missed or if it is new. Not had a chance to test a capture yet. What is working again now is Virtual Dub2 which I couldn’t get working at all, so maybe there is a driver update.
    Last edited by DMS; 14th Sep 2021 at 05:37.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Kaitou View Post
    THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATED DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!

I had to force install them because I already have Pinnacle studio 24 on my computer, basically here's how I did it if anyone needs help:

1: Download the drivers folder from the last post of the previous page, make sure everything is unzipped.

2: Go to device manager in control panel, look for Dazzle DVC100 audio device and video device (you'll have to update both)

3: Right click each device, click properties, go to driver tab, click update driver. Click on "Browse my computer for drivers" and then find the folder that you just unzipped.

4: Let the drivers update and you should be done. Again, I updated both the audio and video driver. Now my DVC100 works in Pinnacle studio again!!!!!

One quick thing to note, I did have audio playback issues at first when the device starts up in Pinnacle and shows me what is being broadcast, but this issue seems to go away after about 10 seconds and captures everything with no issues so far now. I'm just hoping there's no more issues going forward.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! I created an account on this forum just to say that this is the only solution on the entire internet to this very specific problem I've had with dazzle multiple times. Only thing I can say towards this problem is it seemed to be caused by an accidental unplugging of the device (which also gave me a blue screen for some reason) and then when my pc restarted the only recognized audio from dazzle was the crackly stuff coming through (Line In or something). Anyways yeah uninstalling all the drivers for my dazzle and using this guide fixed all my problems
    Quote Quote  
  23. Just adding my experience here. I used my DVC100 in February 2020 to capture smooth video from VHC-C home videos on Win 10 but as of September of this year when I tried to capture I have the problems described in this thread.

Before I saw this thread I actually created my own:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/403858-Can-a-Dazzle-DVC100-deteriorate-in-performance

I have tried the drivers from both these posts and they don't help:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398965-Dazzle-DVC100-not-capturing-anymore-on-Wind...e3#post2608564
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398965-Dazzle-DVC100-not-capturing-anymore-on-Wind...10#post2603674

I have tried this DVC100 on three different Win10 machines, and one Win7 machine, but the Win7 machine is pretty slow so I'm not sure if that's a valid test. I also tried it on a WinXP VM but I have since read capturing doesn't work through virtualized systems.

One thing I have noticed though is that the FPS seems to be locked at 25FPS. If I set it to NTSC 29.97 and try to capture at that speed, if I watch the average FPS in VirdualDub it barely changes from 25 fps, and of course it inserts lots of null frames. If I set the card to PAL and 25 FPS it does not insert any null frames.

Since I haven't seen any change with the drivers mentioned in this thread that have helped others (albeit not perfectly) I actually think this DVC100 might have an issue itself; no one else has mentioned FPS seemingly being locked at 25 fps.

Since the DVC100 is having so many issues for people I think I'm going to just buy the Hauppauge 610 USB-Live 2 as that is recommended here:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/3200-best-ati-wonder.html
    Quote Quote  
  24. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think I'm going to just buy the Hauppauge 610 USB-Live 2
    The card needs a stable signal, i.e. a S-VHS with lineTBC or an additional DVD-R recorder in pass-trough, and a Y/C input signal.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    I think I'm going to just buy the Hauppauge 610 USB-Live 2
    The card needs a stable signal, i.e. a S-VHS with lineTBC or an additional DVD-R recorder in pass-trough, and a Y/C input signal.
    Oh. All I have been using is a Sony SLV-688HF VCR plugged directly into the Dazzle.

Does the quality suffer with the Hauppauge 610 USB-Live 2 if you don't use "S-VHS with lineTBC or an additional DVD-R recorder in pass-trough, and a Y/C input signal?"

Why does the Dazzle not need the above?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The Dazzle should need a lineTBC correction as well, to be fed with a clean signal.

The comb filter of the Hauppauge is not very good, so composite input is not the best choice. I do not know about the Dazzle.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    The Dazzle should need a lineTBC correction as well, to be fed with a clean signal.

The comb filter of the Hauppauge is not very good, so composite input is not the best choice. I do not know about the Dazzle.
    I PMed you some of my captures. They seem fine to me but maybe they could be a lot better? I just want to fix the low FPS/stuttering/null frame issue.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by John2583 View Post
    Just adding my experience here. I used my DVC100 in February 2020 to capture smooth video from VHC-C home videos on Win 10 but as of September of this year when I tried to capture I have the problems described in this thread.

Before I saw this thread I actually created my own:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/403858-Can-a-Dazzle-DVC100-deteriorate-in-performance

I have tried the drivers from both these posts and they don't help:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398965-Dazzle-DVC100-not-capturing-anymore-on-Wind...e3#post2608564
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398965-Dazzle-DVC100-not-capturing-anymore-on-Wind...10#post2603674

I have tried this DVC100 on three different Win10 machines, and one Win7 machine, but the Win7 machine is pretty slow so I'm not sure if that's a valid test. I also tried it on a WinXP VM but I have since read capturing doesn't work through virtualized systems.

One thing I have noticed though is that the FPS seems to be locked at 25FPS. If I set it to NTSC 29.97 and try to capture at that speed, if I watch the average FPS in VirdualDub it barely changes from 25 fps, and of course it inserts lots of null frames. If I set the card to PAL and 25 FPS it does not insert any null frames.

Since I haven't seen any change with the drivers mentioned in this thread that have helped others (albeit not perfectly) I actually think this DVC100 might have an issue itself; no one else has mentioned FPS seemingly being locked at 25 fps.

Since the DVC100 is having so many issues for people I think I'm going to just buy the Hauppauge 610 USB-Live 2 as that is recommended here:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/3200-best-ati-wonder.html
    I was wrong that the DVC100 was going bad. For the FPS being locked at 25, in my thread dellsam34 suggested "Try connecting the card or rebooting the computer with a 29.97 fps video being played in it."

I hooked the VCR with a tape playing up to the DVC100 before connecting it to my USB port and now I'm getting better, but not perfect behavior. I get one null frame every 5 seconds just like someone else described here.

Device Manager shows

"Dazzle DVC100 Video Device"
    Driver Version: 2.2020.1022.0.
    Driver Date: 2020-10-22

I have an old PC that would probably run Windows 7 fine which I may try in the future.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get really tired of the "windows 10 broke my capture <insert device here>. I've got an antique EZCap (not the chinese knock off) running just fine on Windows 11, I connected an antique JVC and a Panansonic DV video camera connected to it just for kicks, and capturing with Virtualdub 2 works perfectly "IF" you have the correct capture settings.

If you want your capture to look just like the VHS source (unfortunately it can't look any better), capture at 640x480 at 29.967fps, and then DEINTERLACE it. You can do that with software like Adobe Premiere or VirtualDub. However, Some would say that such a high resolution for a VHS source is a waste of time and space, but I suggest: if you like things perfect, try that resolution. Now, if you don't need such perfection, or your system can't keep that up, use 512x384 at 29.967 and the result will look quite as good as 640x480. At last, if you want to make a VCD compliant video stream (which MUST be 352x240 at 29.967fps), capture at 352x480 at 29.967fps (this way you get both fields), and then resize it to 352x240 using VirtualDub with the "precise bicubic" filter on.

If your capture card can't capture in resolutions like 352x480 or 512x384, use VirtualDub to do it by choosing the option "set custom format" under the "video" menu.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote