VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. @DMS
    I don't have Audio Output enabled during recording, but also noticed that audio recording is a little lower than normal. But I see as advantage. As I told in my post here (https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398965-Dazzle-DVC100-not-capturing-anymore-on-Wind...10#post2601935) I tried Hauppauge USB-Live2 and Elgato Video Capture which records audio on the normal level. Result is, that every audioclip over 0dB got distorted audio "clicking-cracking" noise. I don't have that on the Dazzle. There is no option to lower the audiorecording, so I returned them.
    My captures I Normalize Audiopeaks to 100 (0dB), so that the recorded Audio has normal loudness, without distoring My guess: It is wanted from Dazzle and I am happy about it.

Thanks for the reply, I get the odd interference noises, but mainly it’s fine once I start capturing. I should have tried capturing the audio from the line in to see if that helped, but I have decided to send it back for a refund. Analogue video capture does not seem to work as well as I expected it to using newer hardware and software.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi, I also have this problem. Great to see that they have released driver 1.09, but I also noticed the inserted frames every 5 seconds with driver 1.09. Does anyone know where I can download driver version 1.08?

I am installing Windows 7 on an older laptop to try this out. But if I understood correctly, older Windows 10/7 still has the inserted frame problem with driver version 1.09?

UPDATE:
    Just an updated info. I recently tried installing Windows 7 on a laptop, but it doesn't seem that driver versions 1.08 or 1.09 is compatible with Win 7. They both lead to faulty driver detection of DVC 100 in device managers. So I guess 1.08 or 1.09 only support Windows 10. Anyone else had any luck with Win 7 for these drivers? Guess I would have to find a way to upgrade to Windows 10 1909..
    Last edited by NetDragon; 20th Jan 2021 at 05:01.
    Quote Quote  
  3. So I finally installed Windows 10 1909 and dazzle drivers 1.08 on a laptop, but I still get the jumpy picture error in preview and capturing. If you are still reading this thread, Morku, how did you get it working on your computer?

I have attached the drivers version 1.08 here. Is it the same ones that you guys are using? Because it sure doesn't work for me with Windows 10 1909
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by NetDragon; 20th Jan 2021 at 16:58.
    Quote Quote  
  4. @NetDragon
    In preview window it's for me little choppy as well. For VirtualDub2 less then I had in Pinnacle. But the playback of output file is fine.
    If you use VirtualDub2, do you get increase Frame dropped or inserted? Only then, I get a choppy output this moment (but this is also tape related if the video stream is distorted and the Dazzle of course can't handle)

Also check the settings if everything is set corrected releated to source NTSC/PAL.

I don't know about Windows 7 driver. I don't use ancient OS. You could check which driverversion will be downloaded when run PinnacleForDazzle_ESD.exe on Windows 7.

fyi, last E-Mail I got from Corel when I asked if there is maybe an ETA:
    Thank you for your patience. Our Engineering team has been working on the issue, as soon as I hear from them, I will advise.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.
    Quote Quote  
  5. With Windows 10 1909 and driver 1.08, I get the jumpy preview window, and the capturing also drops frames. I tried to go stepwise with each frame in VirtualDub2 (with a video captured in Windows 10 2004 and with driver 1.09), and I think I get frames inserted every 5 seconds like you (Morku) noticed in the first place. When played back, every 5 seconds I do notice a "hickup" in the video.

It's strange though that you get driver 1.08 to work with earlier Win10 and not me. Might it be something else that could affect it also, besides Win10 1909 and driver 1.08. This device doesn't seem like futureproof at all, but it does a good job at capturing VHS though.

Thanks for reporting back Core's response. Hope you notify us all when Corel responds with some good news one day
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi

I have decided to have another go at a capture using the Dazzle, would it be possible for someone to check this test file to see if it has any dropped frames please? As i cant seem to notice if it has!

Thank you.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DMS View Post
    Hi

I have decided to have another go at a capture using the Dazzle, would it be possible for someone to check this test file to see if it has any dropped frames please? As i cant seem to notice if it has!

Thank you.
    I tried using Virtualdub2 to play your video frame by frame at every 5 seconds, I cannot detect any inserted frames. What driver version and OS are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by NetDragon View Post
    Originally Posted by DMS View Post
    Hi

Thank you.
    I tried using Virtualdub2 to play your video frame by frame at every 5 seconds, I cannot detect any inserted frames. What driver version and OS are you using?
    Hi, thanks for checking, im using Windows 10 with all the latest updates, and i believe im using the latest drivers from pinnacle, 1.0.9. last time i tried to capture i thought i was getting the jumping frames issue, but today as i cant see it anymore! The strange thing is when i go to capture using virtualdub2 it say my video capture is a roxio? im sure it said dazzle last time.
    Quote Quote  
  9. EDIT: Might have other issues. See my post below... So attention: This is only a workaround. I have a top/bottom field issue when I use this driver.
    From my experience, you need to refresh the driver in device-manager after you plugged in the dazzle.

@DMS

What a great finding!!! Thank you so much. I still can't believe how dumb the solution is. A working driver which always was bundle with the bloated Pinnacle software, but which is not made for the Dazzle.
    I have tried the Roxio driver myself and can confirm: No more dropped/inserted frames after some minutes of recording.
    Looks like, you found it by mistake?

But back to start. When you run PinnacleForDazzle_ESD.exe which checkes for your Dazzle, the software install beside the Dazzle driver a "Roxio VHS Capture Driver". When I force Windows to use it, the Dazzle works perfectly fine on my Windows 20H2 Build 19042.746.

I have attached the driver here.

I don't know all English wording, but here is how to install it:

1. Extract the zip
    2. Right click on EMBDA_x86_x64.inf -> Install
    3. If your Dazzle is currently not detected, you will find a "DVC100" entry on top with yellow question mark at "other devices". If you Dazzle currently use a driver, you will find it at "Audio, Video and Gamecontroller".
    4. Doubleclick to open, driver, update driver
    5. Search a driver on my PC
    6. now on bottom "get a list of drivers on my PC"
    7. Uncheck "show only compatible drivers" (if present) -> now also find Audio, Video and Gamecontroller
    8. Find Manufacturer "Corel Corperation"
    If done everything correctly, it will look like that:

9. You can choose "Dazzle Video Capture USB Video Device" or "Roxio Video Caputre USB". The only difference seems like the naming, but make sure to use the correct one if there are others in the list.
    10. For the other DVC100 entry (the audio device), you can still use the Dazzle 1.09 driver. I have attached as well.

So... when your Device-Manager lists "Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device" and "Dazzle Video Capture USB VIdeo Device"/"Roxio Video Capture USB". You are ready to go! VirtualDub will detected it still as Roxio device, even if your device-manager tells, it is Dazzle.
    If you device-manager still lists "Dazzle DVC100 Video Device" -> this is the wrong (official) driver with all the problems.

I didn't test the Pinnacle software with this hardware and driver cobination. There might be a chance that it will refuse to work. Maybe someone would like to try. But for VirtualDub2 it works like a charm.

Happy digitizing!
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Morku; 24th Jan 2021 at 14:11.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi Morku

It looks like I may have found a solution by making a mistake of installing the wrong (but working) driver. I really can't remember actually installing the Roxio driver! Anyway I hope it works for everyone else. I'm pleased with what I have captured so far.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Maybe I should be to exciting. I have checked smoothness with Mario Kart again. It looks like, the videosource is divided at the middle of the recording.
    When I deinterlace, the top half image is "Top Field first", the bottom is "bottom field first".
    I have never seen that before:

So if I deinterlace Top Field first, only the top is smooth. The other half image is jumping around back and forth. If I deinterlace bottom field first, it's the way around. Odd...

@DMS

I don't notice this at your footage. Can you please check in your device-manager at Audio, Video and Gamecontroller what is the driverversion of Roxio you use for the Video and Audio Device of Dazzle? Thank you.

EDIT: Looks like a hit and miss. Sometimes I have the desribed issue to have the top/bottom field issue in image. Sometimes it doesn't.
    If all is top field first, the recording is fine. At the end, still a workaround.

EDIT2: Found for myself when it happens and when not.
    When the driver is installed and I plug in the Dazzle -> I get this top/bottom v-sync(?) issue.

Now, when I go to device-manager and reinstall the driver (you only have to select it from the list again, you don't need to install the inf again), the recoding is fine. Make sure to have the Preview window closed before doing, otherwise, Windows requests a restart and you have to do again.

So when always I want have a clean recording, I have to "reinstall" the driver, after I pluged in the Dazzle.
    I have attached a video of the issue, if you are interested about. Here I have deinterlaced Top Field first. The bottom is shaky. If I would Deinterlace Bottom Field first, it would be the way around.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Morku; 24th Jan 2021 at 13:37.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Video Device:

Driver Provider: Corel Corporation
    Driver Date: 15/10/2020
    Driver Version: 5.2020.406.1015

Audio Device:

Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Date: 07/07/2020
    Driver Version: 10.0.19041.388

My Dazzle is a PAL UK version
    Quote Quote  
  13. @DMS
    Thank you. It's the same driver I use. Interresting, you are using the generic Windows driver for audio? I don't get an audio ouput from my Dazzle when I use this. I need to install a driver.

Related to my experience (see EDIT2), can you please unplug your Dazzle, plug in again and do again a short recording with movement? Is the output still fine?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi, I have just done another capture, and have no issues, I'm just rendering the video now. I had unplugged it all and turned off the laptop since doing the first capture I uploaded. Not had any issues yet.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Okay, thank you. Maybe here the differences between Hardware revision shows up. So everyone have to make the own experience until Corel hopefully will come with a new driver.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I just tested the Roxio driver, and it does not work with Pinnacle 17. The device is not listed when going into Import section.

However, it does not work for me either in VirtualDub2. When I choose Device -> Roxio Video Capture USB (DirectShow) in VirtualDub2, the preview screen is black. Did you guys do any more configuration in Virtualdub2 for it to recognize the Dazzle device?

EDIT: Oh my bad, I forgot to choose Video ->Video Source -> Video Composite in VirtualDub2 Now it captures perfectly without any inserted frames for me as well. Thanks for sharing your experiences, DMS and Morku I do still hope Corel will fix the driver though, as I actually prefer to capture directly to mpg2 instead of to avi like Virtualdub2 does.
    Last edited by NetDragon; 24th Jan 2021 at 14:43.
    Quote Quote  
  17. It seems the application Debut Professional by NCH Software is also working with Roxio driver. This application can capture directly to mpeg2, and there are no inserted frames error either.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NetDragon View Post
    It seems the application Debut Professional by NCH Software is also working with Roxio driver. This application can capture directly to mpeg2, and there are no inserted frames error either.
    You're just further butchering the video. Please do upload a sample.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank Discs • Best TBCs • Best VCRs for capture • Restore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Morku View Post
    Maybe I should be to exciting. I have checked smoothness with Mario Kart again. It looks like, the videosource is divided at the middle of the recording.
    When I deinterlace, the top half image is "Top Field first", the bottom is "bottom field first".
    I have never seen that before:

So if I deinterlace Top Field first, only the top is smooth. The other half image is jumping around back and forth. If I deinterlace bottom field first, it's the way around. Odd...

@DMS

I don't notice this at your footage. Can you please check in your device-manager at Audio, Video and Gamecontroller what is the driverversion of Roxio you use for the Video and Audio Device of Dazzle? Thank you.

EDIT: Looks like a hit and miss. Sometimes I have the desribed issue to have the top/bottom field issue in image. Sometimes it doesn't.
    If all is top field first, the recording is fine. At the end, still a workaround.

EDIT2: Found for myself when it happens and when not.
    When the driver is installed and I plug in the Dazzle -> I get this top/bottom v-sync(?) issue.

Now, when I go to device-manager and reinstall the driver (you only have to select it from the list again, you don't need to install the inf again), the recoding is fine. Make sure to have the Preview window closed before doing, otherwise, Windows requests a restart and you have to do again.

So when always I want have a clean recording, I have to "reinstall" the driver, after I pluged in the Dazzle.
    I have attached a video of the issue, if you are interested about. Here I have deinterlaced Top Field first. The bottom is shaky. If I would Deinterlace Bottom Field first, it would be the way around.
    Did you try using Virtualdub 1.9, it may resolve the line down the middle, i used Lord Smurfs packaged version. i have attached it, it is old but seems to work better than virtualdub2!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by NetDragon View Post
    I just tested the Roxio driver, and it does not work with Pinnacle 17. The device is not listed when going into Import section.

However, it does not work for me either in VirtualDub2. When I choose Device -> Roxio Video Capture USB (DirectShow) in VirtualDub2, the preview screen is black. Did you guys do any more configuration in Virtualdub2 for it to recognize the Dazzle device?

EDIT: Oh my bad, I forgot to choose Video ->Video Source -> Video Composite in VirtualDub2 Now it captures perfectly without any inserted frames for me as well. Thanks for sharing your experiences, DMS and Morku I do still hope Corel will fix the driver though, as I actually prefer to capture directly to mpg2 instead of to avi like Virtualdub2 does.
    So I'm guessing I probably shouldn't try this option with the driver if I want to use Pinnacle Studio 24? Thanks for the heads up btw, cause I was just about to try this :P
    Quote Quote  
  21. I saw this post several days ago but forgot to reply. Here's an AviSynth fix for the torn cap:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("Mario Kart bottom top issue.mp4") 

top = Crop(0,0,-0,288).AssumeTFF().SeparateFields()
    bot = Crop(0,288,-0,-0).AssumeBFF().SeparateFields()
    bot = bot.SelectEvery(4, 3,2,1,0)

StackVertical(top,bot)
    Weave()
    Of course, the better fix is get a cap that's not screwed up like that.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  22. @DMS
    I wanted to try. Well... the moment I entered Capture mode, my PC crash completely and entered BIOS recovery mode. Interesting... could be because of the wrong driver which always is a high risk. I am not going to try again... Still the issue is mostly because of driver, not of software.

@jagabo
    I am always impressed whats possible with Avisynth. Still there is sometimes a glitch line in middle. First I thought, because I already messed up the original file be deinterlace it.
    But when I deinterlace top and bottom directly, there is still sometimes a wrong pixelline:

Code:
    AVISource("a.avi", audio=true).AssumeFPS(25,1)

top = Crop(0,0,-0,288).AssumeTFF().QTGMC(Denoiser="dfttest", Preset="slow", EdiMode="NNEDI3", EdiThreads=8, Sharpness=1.0)
    bot = Crop(0,288,-0,-0).AssumeBFF().QTGMC(Denoiser="dfttest", Preset="slow", EdiMode="NNEDI3", EdiThreads=8, Sharpness=1.0)

StackVertical(top,bot)
    Anyway, cool workaround.

Waiting for Corel..........
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Morku View Post
    @jagabo
    I am always impressed whats possible with Avisynth. Still there is sometimes a glitch line in middle. First I thought, because I already messed up the original file be deinterlace it.
    You should always upload the actual cap, not a processed version. In any case, it wouldn't surprise me if using the same method leaves you with some bad lines in the middle. When a capture device is malfunctioning like this the tear may move up and down at times. As stated, it's best fix the capture process so it doesn't generate these errors.
    Last edited by jagabo; 2nd Feb 2021 at 12:58.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I uploaded a processed version because of size and showing the issue. I feel me guilty to bloat the hoster. But here you the capture videofile if you like to try

I only can fix the issue in recording when I just reinstall the driver in device-manager after I plugged in the Dazzle. It's strange, but do work...
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  25. I didn't notice any anomolies with this:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("mariokart.avi")

AssumeTFF()
    top = Crop(0,0,-0,288)
    bot = Crop(0,289,-0,-0).AddBorders(0,0,0,1)
    StackVertical(top,bot)

QTGMC(preset="fast")
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  26. You are right. It's perfect now. Also with QTGMC slow preset.

Thank you for help!

Now 2 workarounds for me until Corel comes up with a solution
    Last edited by Morku; 3rd Feb 2021 at 04:14.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Morku View Post
    EDIT: Might have other issues. See my post below... So attention: This is only a workaround. I have a top/bottom field issue when I use this driver.
    From my experience, you need to refresh the driver in device-manager after you plugged in the dazzle.

@DMS

What a great finding!!! Thank you so much. I still can't believe how dumb the solution is. A working driver which always was bundle with the bloated Pinnacle software, but which is not made for the Dazzle.
    I have tried the Roxio driver myself and can confirm: No more dropped/inserted frames after some minutes of recording.
    Looks like, you found it by mistake?

But back to start. When you run PinnacleForDazzle_ESD.exe which checkes for your Dazzle, the software install beside the Dazzle driver a "Roxio VHS Capture Driver". When I force Windows to use it, the Dazzle works perfectly fine on my Windows 20H2 Build 19042.746.

I have attached the driver here.

I don't know all English wording, but here is how to install it:

1. Extract the zip
    2. Right click on EMBDA_x86_x64.inf -> Install
    3. If your Dazzle is currently not detected, you will find a "DVC100" entry on top with yellow question mark at "other devices". If you Dazzle currently use a driver, you will find it at "Audio, Video and Gamecontroller".
    4. Doubleclick to open, driver, update driver
    5. Search a driver on my PC
    6. now on bottom "get a list of drivers on my PC"
    7. Uncheck "show only compatible drivers" (if present) -> now also find Audio, Video and Gamecontroller
    8. Find Manufacturer "Corel Corperation"
    If done everything correctly, it will look like that:

9. You can choose "Dazzle Video Capture USB Video Device" or "Roxio Video Caputre USB". The only difference seems like the naming, but make sure to use the correct one if there are others in the list.
    10. For the other DVC100 entry (the audio device), you can still use the Dazzle 1.09 driver. I have attached as well.

So... when your Device-Manager lists "Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device" and "Dazzle Video Capture USB VIdeo Device"/"Roxio Video Capture USB". You are ready to go! VirtualDub will detected it still as Roxio device, even if your device-manager tells, it is Dazzle.
    If you device-manager still lists "Dazzle DVC100 Video Device" -> this is the wrong (official) driver with all the problems.

I didn't test the Pinnacle software with this hardware and driver cobination. There might be a chance that it will refuse to work. Maybe someone would like to try. But for VirtualDub2 it works like a charm.

Happy digitizing!
    Thank you very much.

Drivers have been a big issue for me and this seemed to do the trick - Previous driver worked, but I had inserted frames every 5 seconds, like other users have described. With this method I had absolutely no inserted frames in a couple tapes. This'll be very helpful.

EDIT: Captures seem to be "glitchy", audio sounds distorted, and there seems to be a Vsync issue.
    Last edited by ghostfromsparta; 1st Sep 2021 at 12:22. Reason: update
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My thing is a simple one. Your main capture machine should be "frozen" no updates, minimal internet, etc. I do conversions for a living with a pci 4 input card. It's windows 8.1, it will always be that until I retire the machine. A new computer is cheap in comparison to income lost. If it's a hobby, well dang, a new capture device might be in your future. Hacker motto "what's the fastest and cheapest solution?".
    Quote Quote  
  29. Had to sign up to go "me too" I gave up with all these drivers and dual booted Windows 7 on a laptop. Works perfect with Windows 7 drivers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GregR20 View Post
    Hi! Thanks for the tips! Morku, espesially. BTW, is anybody use capture cards instead of dvd recorder? It seems that it can be more productively. I found these [spam link removed] Is anybody know which of them are good?
    Thank you!
    That "guide" is just spammer a-hole BS.

Whoever wrote that randomly found stuff on Amazon, and is only interested in the affiliate commissions. That's how those "best" sites always work. He/she wouldn't know a VHS tape from a potato.

Don't be a gullible chump to the spammers.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank Discs • Best TBCs • Best VCRs for capture • Restore VHS
    Quote Quote