VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATED DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!

I had to force install them because I already have Pinnacle studio 24 on my computer, basically here's how I did it if anyone needs help:

1: Download the drivers folder from the last post of the previous page, make sure everything is unzipped.

2: Go to device manager in control panel, look for Dazzle DVC100 audio device and video device (you'll have to update both)

3: Right click each device, click properties, go to driver tab, click update driver. Click on "Browse my computer for drivers" and then find the folder that you just unzipped.

4: Let the drivers update and you should be done. Again, I updated both the audio and video driver. Now my DVC100 works in Pinnacle studio again!!!!!

One quick thing to note, I did have audio playback issues at first when the device starts up in Pinnacle and shows me what is being broadcast, but this issue seems to go away after about 10 seconds and captures everything with no issues so far now. I'm just hoping there's no more issues going forward.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guys, let me ask again.
    You are really satisfied with the result of driverversion 1.09? What do you all record? NTSC?

I continued testing. Also used the official Pinnacle Dazzle software. I tested the MPEG and DV function. I tested S-Video Input and Composite (Yellow) Input.
    I tested a Windows 10 Version 20H2 and Version 1809.

All I can say, the result is not okay. Exactly like every 5 seconds, there are Inserted Frames (as VirtualDub2 noticed).

I connected my Gamecube, to have a stable videosource with smooth 25i content.

Every frame should be unique and smooth, but you weill notice Inserted Frames at:

Frame (Time):
    507 (0:00:10.140) - 509 (0:00:10.180)
    763 (0:00:15.260) - 765 (0:00:15.300)
    1019 (0:00:20.380) - 1021 (0:00:20.420)
    1275 (0:00:25.500) - 1277 (0:00:25.540)
    1531 (0:00:30.620) - 1533 (0:00:30:660)
    1787 (0:00:35.740) - 1789 (0:00:35.780)

I deinterlaced the source to have 50 fps progressive. Thats why the Inserted Frame is repeated 3 Frames.

So be careful, if you want archive footage with that driverversion...
    With 1.08 and Windows Version <=1909 - no Frame issues at all!
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Morku; 13th Dec 2020 at 15:18.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Here's my test.
    Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.685
    Source: PAL VHS
    DMR-ES10 as TBC
    S-Video input
    Yadif(2x) deinterlace applied
    The divers seem to have fixed all problems plus some other glitches I experienced before like big input lag and very low audio.
    I don't see those "inserted frames" for now.

EDIT
    I looked more carefully at it and I can see inserted frames every 5/6 seconds, but it's very hard to notice, look at the text crawl .
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by kernelfree; 14th Dec 2020 at 09:11.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, you have the same distortion, exactly after every 5 seconds. 3 frame in a row showing the same.

Nothing to downplay even if it is hard to notice. Myself, I directly notice. So the result is for trash I also hate when people play 23.976fps content on 59/60Hz.

So thank you for confirmation. I still wait for comment of Corel, but now I can tell, that I am not alone. I hope they still take my feedback serious.

EDIT:

New feedback. So it's ongoing

Thank you for contacting Corel Technical Support.

I have reported the issue to the engineering team. The bug is with our developers and investigation is in progress. You have provided excellent detail that helped us investigate. As soon as I hear from engineering, I will advise.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.
    Last edited by Morku; 16th Dec 2020 at 14:41.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Morku View Post
    Guys, let me ask again.
    You are really satisfied with the result of driverversion 1.09? What do you all record? NTSC?

I continued testing. Also used the official Pinnacle Dazzle software. I tested the MPEG and DV function. I tested S-Video Input and Composite (Yellow) Input.
    I tested a Windows 10 Version 20H2 and Version 1809.

All I can say, the result is not okay. Exactly like every 5 seconds, there are Inserted Frames (as VirtualDub2 noticed).

I connected my Gamecube, to have a stable videosource with smooth 25i content.

Every frame should be unique and smooth, but you weill notice Inserted Frames at:

Frame (Time):
    507 (0:00:10.140) - 509 (0:00:10.180)
    763 (0:00:15.260) - 765 (0:00:15.300)
    1019 (0:00:20.380) - 1021 (0:00:20.420)
    1275 (0:00:25.500) - 1277 (0:00:25.540)
    1531 (0:00:30.620) - 1533 (0:00:30:660)
    1787 (0:00:35.740) - 1789 (0:00:35.780)

I deinterlaced the source to have 50 fps progressive. Thats why the Inserted Frame is repeated 3 Frames.

So be careful, if you want archive footage with that driverversion...
    With 1.08 and Windows Version <=1909 - no Frame issues at all!
    I'm glad you noticed this, cause I didn't until I watched the playback of my video tape very carefully. This is kinda a bummer when it comes to the video quality, but hopefully they can get it fixed soon.

I wonder, does the old video driver still work to go along with the update audio driver? Not sure I want to test that theory.....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Just found this thread - thanks for starting it

I had a Dazzle DV100 for importing video from tapes into computer via import and Pinn Studio 19

Found that didn't work any good with Win 10, so I spent £50 on Dazzle DVD Recorder HD input device (looks similar to DV100) which comes with a (cut down) version of Studio 23? Also spent money on these smaller usb converters - same results - choppy audio and video

Spent ages thinking it was my VHS player - even took it apart

I have Win 10 2H04 and wonder if there is an update from Windows or Pinnacle yet

DRIVING ME CRAZY.....

Or can I get the DV100 working with another type of input programme. So I can get my money back from Corel....

Quote Quote  
  7. We are still waiting for an updated driver, because Corel still ship with version 1.09 which has the Frame Inserted Bug every 5 seconds.

So at the moment, if you want serious tape capturing with Dazzle DVC100, find driverversion 1.08 and use Windows 10 1909 or previous (not 2004, 20H2). Than you will get a perfect result.
    You problem is probably not the recording software, it's the driver as we have here.

Before I found this thread, I tested personally the Hauppauge USB-Live2 (affordable) and Elgato video capture (expensive!). Both delivered a fine video with Windows 10 2004/20H2, but both had another issue for audio.
    When the autio output of tape is over 0dB, the peak will just cut, resulting in a little distorted audio this moment. For me, not acceptable. Very disappointed that they are not aware of that.
    The Dazzle DVC100 is the only one I have which has a fine audio recording, even at high audio peaks.
    So I really hope, Corel will fix the driver soon to have again a great VHS recording. But for now, it's a bad moment...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks

I don't want back date my Win 10

If I installed Win7 on another computer and used dv100 - would the 1.08 driver be ok

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  9. Sure, it should be fine. But don't ask me, if 1.08 will be the correct driver for Windows 7.
    But when you install Pinnacle Studio, it will install the correct driver for the OS. You can use this: https://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/Release/PSD/PinnacleForDazzle_ESD.exe

Personally, I don't want use that dated OS anymore. I installed Win 10 1809 LTSC on an old, shitty laptop which does the job. Actually, I like Windows 10.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Dazzle capture device is not recognized by Studio 24 Ultimate in the Import section. It does report successfully installed, however, when the setup application is run.

Device Manager description under "Audio inputs and outputs" "Line (Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device"

Driver Name: audioendpoint.inf
    Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}
    Driver Date: 12/06/2019
    Driver Version: 10.0.19041.1
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: NO_DRV
    Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
    Matching Device Id: MMDEVAPI\AudioEndpoints
    Outranked Drivers: c_swdevice.inf:SWD\GenericRaw:00FF3001
    Device Updated: false
    Parent Device: USB\VID_1B80&PID_E60A&MI_01\6&13ce7441&7&0001

Also reports the updated version and date information under Sound, video and game controllers:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    [ Guid] {9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}

EventID 410

Version 0

Level 4

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x4000000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2021-01-01T05:52:11.8252146Z

EventRecordID 1419

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 340

Channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration

Computer DADCAVE-MULTI

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

DeviceInstanceId USB\VID_1B80&PID_E60A&MI_00\6&13ce7441&7&0000
    DriverName oem146.inf
    ClassGuid {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    ServiceName USB28xxBGA
    LowerFilters USB28xxOEM
    UpperFilters
    Problem 0x0
    Status 0x0

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Morku View Post
    Sure, it should be fine. But don't ask me, if 1.08 will be the correct driver for Windows 7.
    But when you install Pinnacle Studio, it will install the correct driver for the OS. You can use this: https://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/Release/PSD/PinnacleForDazzle_ESD.exe

Personally, I don't want use that dated OS anymore. I installed Win 10 1809 LTSC on an old, shitty laptop which does the job. Actually, I like Windows 10.

OK

I relented and installed Win 10 older version on Hyper-V (which is a Virtual Machine part of my present Win 10 v. 2H04)

Now that damn version won't recognise the ethernet connection in Hyper-V

To install Dazzle it says you need an internet connection - it won't recognise a USB either...

Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Some of the posts above indicate Corel is at least thinking about this issue. The interface to Pinnacle Studio should be worth protecting even thought there are fewer and fewer VHS transfer geeks out here. Negative comments and reviews would seem to be incentive to address the issue. I appreciate the comment and links to the new driver, but we all know now that it isn't a fix for everyone.

As for the internet connection, I'm sure that has to do with validating their license code.

I'm experimenting with VIDBOX 9.0 at this minute. It even shows Dazzle as an available device, but won't actually connect to it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by leachim View Post
    I relented and installed Win 10 older version on Hyper-V (which is a Virtual Machine part of my present Win 10 v. 2H04)

Now that damn version won't recognise the ethernet connection in Hyper-V

To install Dazzle it says you need an internet connection - it won't recognise a USB either...

I tested the Dazzle in VMware and also got bad results. The video always freezed after few seconds of digitizing. Not sure, why it doesn't like virtualization. I still use VirtualDub2. I don't want use the bloated and ugly Pinnacle software. It's also a pain to remove all the file leftovers. All I want is uncompressed digitizing.
    Quote Quote  
  14. So what I have done is install Wins 7 on another machine and downloaded the Wins 7 drivers for Dazzle DV100

So what import facility is there free for Wins 7 - I want to save the vhs tapes as mpg possibly

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi All

Im new to the forum, and i have just ordered a Dazzle DVD HD, i tried one of those chinese easycrap things and returned it as i couldnt get it working (tried alsorts of random drivers). I know the dazzle is an old product repackaged, but im hoping it will do what i require once they fix the driver issue, reading this forum post, it does sound like there is support for the product which sort of justifies paying a bit extra for the product, talking of which, i managed to get it for £42 from pinnacle, which considering its still £59 at Amazon, i thought it was worth a go. Lets hope a new driver sorts the issue, and i will be able to capture my old VHS & VHSC videos in decent quality. I plan to use Virtualdub to capture, or can someone recommend an alternative? Anway, i will keep an eye on this thread to see what happens. Takecare.

DMS
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hello

I'm very glad that i found this thred, for the last two weeks i've been looking for an answer to this problem with the drivers.
    (i even bought the Elgato capture device, but it wasn't as good as the Dazzle (when the dazzle is working) adding interlace among others)
    Now i only have to wait for an update.

I have two other problems with Pinnacle studio 24:

* Can't see the Dazzle/Roxio device in the import section
    * Can't Customize the text in the DVD Menu, only remove text

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  17. Can't see the Dazzle/Roxio device in the import section problem is fixed, when i did this from the Corel support:

Malavika Gandapudi (Corel)

Jan 6, 2021, 1:06 EST

Mr. / Ms.,

Thank you for the reply..

To fix the problem:

- Download an updated installer, from here: https://pinnaclesys.com/download
    - Run the downloaded file "PinnacleForDazzle_ESD.exe"
    - In the installer, select "Remove". It's not necessary to check the box "Remove Content," but either way is okay.
    - The installer will remove the problematic version of Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle.
    - Plug in your Dazzle device, and run the downloaded installer again.
    - The installer will download the update and install it.
    - When complete, start Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle, and import from your Dazzle device.

Should you need anything else in the interim, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
    Malavika
    Corel Customer Support

I did the same for Pinnacle Studio 24 and it worked.

Now i'm just waiting for the update of the drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  18. *Can't Customize the text in the DVD Menu, only remove text*

Found a work around: type the letters elsewhere and copy paste them.
    Not ideal, but it's like the keyboard dosen¨t work in the program.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Has there been any progress since the 9th?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After dozens of hours, the ONLY real solution is reverting to Build 1909 or earlier. I tried Vidbox and it had the same sounds/frame drop issues as Pinnacle. I appreciate the new driver above, but no luck. I also noted that installing Pinnacle Studio 24 AFTER a successful install of Pinnacle Dazzle messed things up. So I'm back to a 1909 clean install thanks to this eBay purchase. Search for: WINDOWS-10-ALL-VERSION-32-64-BIT-INSTALL-REPAIR-DRIVE-W-DRIVERS-KEY-RECOVERY. They guy is great and the price is just $15 including a 16GB Sandisk flash drive, the image of your choice and free shipping. He provides complete instructions on the listing and includes them in the package. Basically, you take a PC suitable for rebuilding and change the boot order at the BIOS. As long as the machine had a digital license associated with a Microsoft login, you're good to go. I did go to go to the HP website and use Support Assistant to tidy things up, but the machine ran fine after the reinstall of 1909. I'm using it only for capturing and its works fine with the newest Dazzle software available on Pinnacle's site for download if you have a valid install key of your own. I'm happy now.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Good to know that there's a solution, even if it isn't perfect. Hopefully Corel will fix this, but they may take quite a while.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by leachim View Post
    I relented and installed Win 10 older version on Hyper-V
    Originally Posted by Morku View Post
    I tested the Dazzle in VMware
    Video capture cannot work in VMs, direct native hardware/OS access required.

Originally Posted by esackley View Post
    After dozens of hours, the ONLY real solution
    A better solution is to use a better card. The Dazzle boxes are really lousy. Not unacceptably lousy, but also not quality. This is why they're cheap. Cheap often is not good, and that is true here.

You should also use VirtualDub, not Pinnacle Studio. Studio is the sort of software that I'd suggest to somebody I detest. It really is a PITA of a program, too many bugs, too many limitations.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  23. Well, what capturing card do you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
  24. me again, im capturing video ok in Virtualdub2 but i have noticed that as soon as i start a capture, the audio volume drops right down and the captured audio is also very low, as soon as i stop the capture the volume returns back to normal! Does anyone else have this issue, or am i doing somthing wrong? i am capturing the audio via the usb on the dazzle. Im starting to think if its worth keeping this or not, im still within my 30 day returns window.

thanks in advance.

DMS
    Last edited by DMS; 15th Jan 2021 at 13:13.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    New dazzles are as bad as the easycraps, Get a used Pinnacle device from the 2000's and run it in wind 7 for better driver compatibility, Sometimes forcing a win7 driver in Win10 machine works too.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    No, that's a software, we are talking about hardware.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Yes, the moviebox is hardware. I should've included "D10-USB" in that sentence.
    Quote Quote  
  28. @esackley
    Yes, as I told, it's completely unrelated to the used software. The issue is the driver and used Win10 version. Driver 1.08 and Windows 1909 is last combination which works perfectly fine. Anyway, don't buy ISOs which are downloadable for free from dubious sellers. Your Windows 10/7/8 Key works with any Windows 10 version.

@DMS
    I don't have Audio Output enabled during recording, but also noticed that audio recording is a little lower than normal. But I see as advantage. As I told in my post here (https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398965-Dazzle-DVC100-not-capturing-anymore-on-Wind...10#post2601935) I tried Hauppauge USB-Live2 and Elgato Video Capture which records audio on the normal level. Result is, that every audioclip over 0dB got distorted audio "clicking-cracking" noise. I don't have that on the Dazzle. There is no option to lower the audiorecording, so I returned them.
    My captures I Normalize Audiopeaks to 100 (0dB), so that the recorded Audio has normal loudness, without distoring My guess: It is wanted from Dazzle and I am happy about it.

@dellsam34
    Recommending an older device for even older OS? I don't know. If you have hardware newer than Core i 6th generation (Skylake), good look not to have hardware compatibility issues with Windows 7. I think users are here to get compatibility with latest Windows version

And related to Pinnacle, the Dazzle is superior
    https://www.pinnaclesys.com/en/pages/old-brands/moviebox/
    Top Reasons Dazzle is Better than Pinnacle Moviebox

Better able to Transfer Analog Video to Digital
    Better able to Capture from VCRs, Camcorders & More
    Better Conversion of VHS, Hi8, and V8 Video to Digital
    Better Video Editing Software Included
    Burn to DVD or Share Videos Online
    Well, the installer still ships the broken 1.09 driver I have contacted Corel again if they may have an ETA for a new driver.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Cool
    Last edited by mrhingerdinger; 30th Apr 2023 at 11:24.
    Quote Quote