VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. After some random Windows update my Dazzle DVC100 now refuses work properly as this video shows: https://streamable.com/f4txnb
    Tried via VLC, Virtualdub, OBS and even another Win10 laptop, behavior is identical, works via Linux.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you upload the correct sample ?

This one shows fine in Win7 - a short maths exercise (Italian language)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Did you upload the correct sample ?

This one shows fine in Win7 - a short maths exercise (Italian language)
    Yes the sample is correct, as you can see audio crackles and video stutters (which results in massive frame dropping and awful audio).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. It would have been better to have described the issues before.

But it would still be better to upload that sample direct to here as an attachment thus eliminating any additional issue from the display as seen. But that also looks like a screen-capture so a sample of the original capture, not from whatever program you are using here, would be more ideal.

It was, however, reported only a few days ago that the most recent Windows 10 update has, as often before, done 'damage' to capture systems. You might need to cancel all the changes from that update. Sorry. I do not know how you achieve that but I can direct you to the recent topic that provided some help in that direction.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post

But it would still be better to upload that sample direct to here as an attachment thus eliminating any additional issue from the display as seen.

It was, however, reported only a few days ago that the most recent Windows 10 update has, as often before, done 'damage' to capture systems.
    Here's a direct sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcYNb9Q19Qo
    Which update is causing this?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kernelfree View Post
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post

But it would still be better to upload that sample direct to here as an attachment thus eliminating any additional issue from the display as seen.

It was, however, reported only a few days ago that the most recent Windows 10 update has, as often before, done 'damage' to capture systems.
    have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling the Dazzle DVC100 capture device ??
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by kernelfree View Post

have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling the Dazzle DVC100 capture device ??
    Many times, and with different drivers too...
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post

That's not a direct sample since youtube re-encodes any video upload,just upload the direct sample to this site,it allows up to 500mb.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    That's not a direct sample since youtube re-encodes any video upload,just upload the direct sample to this site,it allows up to 500mb.
    Sorry, didn't know I could upload large files.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK. But neither of the samples the same as you originally posted. We need some talking(the guy is talking but there is no sound in the clip) and movement.

Dazzle is def capturing. The issue may not be the device.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    OK. But neither of the samples the same as you originally posted. We need some talking and movement.

Dazzle is def capturing. The issue may not be the device.
    I made many samples trying to figure out something, with latest drivers and updates looks like i lost audio for some absurd reasons.
    The card works fine on linux.
    I tried a different Win10 pc (laptop) and the problem still persists, Pinnacle's preview, VLC's and OBS's live view and capture are choppy in audio and video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried with a different VHS tape ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Have you tried with a different VHS tape ?
    Tried:
    -Different player
    -With DMR-ES10 as TBC passthrough
    -Direct output from the player
    -Different tapes
    -Composite input
    -S-video input
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well if the issue was a quite recent (less than 10 days) update, you can roll back as if the update never happened. Examples here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/675411/how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-may-2020-update/

An older update, if you do not have a system back-up to load, would involve a total re-install.

My suggestion in another topic, to avoid issues in the future with Win10, would be to dual-boot your PC with Win7 and just use Win7 for the capturing process.

Of course, before all that do contact Dazzle support as they may already have a 'fix'
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Well if the issue was a quite recent (less than 10 days) update, you can roll back as if the update never happened. Examples here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/675411/how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-may-2020-update/

An older update, if you do not have a system back-up to load, would involve a total re-install.

My suggestion in another topic, to avoid issues in the future with Win10, would be to dual-boot your PC with Win7 and just use Win7 for the capturing process.

Of course, before all that do contact Dazzle support as they may already have a 'fix'
    Windows updated a few times since the problem appeared, I think it's better to go with another OS then...
    Thanks for the support.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    After some random Windows update my Dazzle DVC100 now refuses work properly as this video shows: https://streamable.com/f4txnb
    Tried via VLC, Virtualdub, OBS and even another Win10 laptop, behavior is identical, works via Linux.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue after updating to Windows 10 from 7.....this has been very frustrating as a whole I hope Microsoft comes out with a fix for this.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Oh...! Finally. I am not alone.

I am having the same issue, but never was able to find ANY information. Is DirectShow broken? Is it the driver? Is it VirtualDub? Windows?

One question: Do you use Windows 10 Version 2004 / 20H2? (if unsure, check with winver)
    My Dazzle DVC100 always work fine with Windows 7/8/10 =<1909 until I installed 2004 and also get Inserted Frames with choppy videoplayback and distorted audio.

I have noticed in device-manager, the audio device of the dazzle is reported as "Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device" (2004/20H2), but in =<1909 as "DVC100" with the same latest driver 1.08.

Meanwhile, I tried the Hauppauge USB-Live2 and Elgato Video Capture. They work fine on 2004/20H2, but when audio is clipping over 0dB (happens a lot on my VHS tapes), the audio gets distorted (peaks cut off). No option to lower the audiorecording.
    The Dazzle on the other hand is recording audio on lower level and the audio is fine. Maybe it's best and safe to go and stay at 1809 LTSC...

Did anyone contact Corel?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Morku View Post
    Oh...! Finally. I am not alone.

I am having the same issue, but never was able to find ANY information. Is DirectShow broken? Is it the driver? Is it VirtualDub? Windows?

One question: Do you use Windows 10 Version 2004 / 20H2? (if unsure, check with winver)
    My Dazzle DVC100 always work fine with Windows 7/8/10 =<1909 until I installed 2004 and also get Inserted Frames with choppy videoplayback and distorted audio.

I have noticed in device-manager, the audio device of the dazzle is reported as "Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device" (2004/20H2), but in =<1909 as "DVC100" with the same latest driver 1.08.

Meanwhile, I tried the Hauppauge USB-Live2 and Elgato Video Capture. They work fine on 2004/20H2, but when audio is clipping over 0dB (happens a lot on my VHS tapes), the audio gets distorted (peaks cut off). No option to lower the audiorecording.
    The Dazzle on the other hand is recording audio on lower level and the audio is fine. Maybe it's best and safe to go and stay at 1809 LTSC...

Did anyone contact Corel?
    Yes, build 19042.630 20H2 is currently installed both on my laptop and Desktop.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Try forcing a Win 7 driver from this page and try using vdub2 and the crossbar thing app to toggle between S-Video and composite, just search it.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Try forcing a Win 7 driver from this page and try using vdub2 and the crossbar thing app to toggle between S-Video and composite, just search it.
    I don't have the card right now, I will try asap.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Not sure if it's my computer or not, but I tried capturing with the DVC100 the other day just to see if anything changed, and it caused my whole computer to almost power surge with the USB connections, as they all seemed to reset at the same time. I really, REALLY want to keep using the product because I had no issues with it when I was using in on Windows 7.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I have tried now the "Win7" 14.0.0.166 driver from the page. Reported in device-manager 2.7.621.0 from 21.06.2007

The result is: The Inserted frames still rise up, resulted in choppy playback, but the audio is fine.

With the latest driver (comes with Pinnacle Studio) 1.08, reported in device-manager as 5.2012.0416.4405, 05.08.2015 -> The result is as reported here. Inserted Frames and choppy playback, but also distorted audio.

I am already using always latest VirtualDub2. I don't use the bloated (official) Pinnacle software, but Thread owner reports the issue is the same.
    So at the moment, the solution is only to use an OS =< 1909.

I am still waiting for answer of Corel support.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Morku View Post
    I have tried now the "Win7" 14.0.0.166 driver from the page. Reported in device-manager 2.7.621.0 from 21.06.2007

The result is: The Inserted frames still rise up, resulted in choppy playback, but the audio is fine.

With the latest driver (comes with Pinnacle Studio) 1.08, reported in device-manager as 5.2012.0416.4405, 05.08.2015 -> The result is as reported here. Inserted Frames and choppy playback, but also distorted audio.

I am already using always latest VirtualDub2. I don't use the bloated (official) Pinnacle software, but Thread owner reports the issue is the same.
    So at the moment, the solution is only to use an OS =< 1909.

I am still waiting for answer of Corel support.
    Corel support is an absolute joke if you ask me. They never seem to give a direct answer as to what to do. I just tried forcing the driver install as well and I get the same choppy audio as before in Pinnacle Studio. This is getting very frustrating.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Every new update of Win10 breaks more video capture hardware.
    Don't use Win10 for video capturing.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Kaitou View Post
    Corel support is an absolute joke if you ask me. They never seem to give a direct answer as to what to do.(
    Level 1 support mostly is a joke in any branch, since they do only the basic support, most of them know less then you do and don't have the hardware onsite to replicate the issue.
    But to be fair, most generated tickets are a joke as well and they only sort out 'usage errors' like "where can I find the tool to capture videos" etc.

It's the only chance to escalate the problem. I mean, they still sell the Dazzle as "Windows 10" compatible product. Right? Right!

Meanwhile, I got asnwer from Corel, asking for product photos of my Dazzle. I sent him photos.

I know why he asking, because they are multiple revision of the Dazzle. Some have a glowing star, some have dull black surface, some have a green front LED...

Maybe there is coherence between the issue and Dazzle revision. What is your Dazzle looking like?
    Mine is black, glossy, silver star and green front LED when it is connected with the PC.

At the moment, I expect reply with "please reinstall driver, use latest version, try other system" and so on, but I hope it gets escalated to the right department.

EDIT:

haha, I told...
    Thank you for contacting Corel Technical Support.

I need to check your Windows Device Manager to see if the Dazzle Video Capture USB device drivers are properly installed, or if there are any other devices on your computer that could be causing a conflict.
    [...]
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1820.jpg
Views:	1982
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	56000  

Last edited by Morku; 27th Nov 2020 at 04:07.
    Quote Quote  
  26. fyi: if you want to know how it is ongoing. Maybe it would be helpful if you both do create a ticket at Corel as well, to make some pressure.

At the moment, he still copypaste his general troubleshoting steps how to use the Dazzle.
    Instead of posting steps all together, he prefer the "ping-pong" way without go into my post and information.
    After requesting photos of my Dazzle and to check if my driver is properly installed in device-manager, he requested my system informations:

In order to properly assess the circumstances at hand, I require a copy of your MSINFO32 report and a WinAudit report from your Windows OS.

To start, please visit the link below:

WinAudit
    https://www.corel.com/akdlm/6763/downloads/CSS/tools/WinAudit.zip

Once the WinAudit.exe file was successfully downloaded, please follow these steps:

Double click on the WinAudit.exe file.
    Wait for a few minutes for the audit program to completely scan your system.

NOTE: You'll know it's done when the Audit button at the upper left portion turned from red to grey.

Click on File > Save and proceed to save the .HTML file to your desktop.
    Please send the resulting file to us by attaching it on your reply.

To generate the MSINFO32 report, please do the following:

Press Windows Key + R. The Windows key is located between the Ctrl and Alt keys.
    Type msinfo32 and click OK.
    While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export).
    Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access (you may delete the file once you have attached it to support case and submitted the case).
    Send the file as an attachment on your reply.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.
    So even if his now aware that the device and driver is properly installed, everything is up to date (also GPU driver) and that Pinnacle Studio is NOT installed on my system, he advised me to clean my system for old Pinnacle software, check if GPU is up to date and fresh install the software.

With every reply I write in big letters, that the issue is since and only with Windows 10 Version 2004/20H2 and also other users are affected. He just ignores.
    So I followed his steps and replied that the issue is the same and even attached a proof video into the email.

My guess is, he will advise me a complete system restore of my OS:

Please perform the below given clean reinstallation step and let me know.

- Uninstall Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle including Install Manager using Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features
    - Delete the Pinnacle folder respectively under the path below :

C:\ProgramData\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\
    C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\

Note: If you cannot browse above location, you need to enable the option to Show hidden files and folders.

You can show hidden files and folders by going to Control Panel >Appearance > Folder Options then View tab.

After this, download and run this tool:
    http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/Release/RegDelete.exe

- Choose All products and hit clean
    - Run again and choose User Registration and activation data and hit clean.

NOTE: Make sure that "Remove video capture driver entries" option is checked.

- Now temporarily disable virus protection software then download and re-install Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle(PSD) using the install file given in link below:
    https://www.pinnaclesys.com/en/landing/download/

- Restart system and test.

And kindly make sure the latest graphics driver is installed.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hi all
    I have the same issue with my dazzle usb.
    It was working fine then suddenly it drops frames like crazy and audio crackles really bad.
    Corel support not really helpful aprt from saying they'll sned an email.
    Lets hope we can find a solution here!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hey everyone, same issues here. I still have a Windows 8 PC and the Dazzle works perfectly on that PC, but on my newer Windows 10 PC it has frame drops and glitchy / split screen images. Not too pleased.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Okay, a L2 stepped in and has some kind of good news:

Yes, you are correct. Recent Windows updates introduced a problem with Dazzle imports, most often described as shaky or trembling preview, distorted audio and frames drop, that is why new Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle has been released and it includes new Dazzle driver.
    I have received an update from engineering team, new PinnacleForDazzle_ESD.exe has been uploaded. Please download and install it from link below and let me know the result.

https://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/Release/PSD/PinnacleForDazzle_ESD.exe

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.
    You see, doing tickets makes sense. And I can confirm, the software is now shipped with driveversion 1.09 from 10th October 2020. You should try.

But for myself, I can't confirm, that everything is fixed now, even if it is now improved.
    With the new driversion I still have an Inserted Frame every 5 second.
    With Windows 10 Version 1909 and previous, everything just fine (Droped/Inserted Frame 0/0).
    So I have tested Driversion 1.09 now on a Windows 10 Version 1809 and the new driver also produce Inserted Frames every 5 seconds on my other PC. So I am going to revert to 1.08 here...

Do you have the same issue with the new driver? I have attached a video of the 'new' issue.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  30. I can't say how good it feels to find the one thread on the internet that's talking about this issue, and for there to actually be a working solution at the end of it. (And from yesterday no less!)

I use my DVC100 for recording composite/svideo game consoles, and also had constant dropped frames every second and bad audio since Windows 10 2004 installed months ago. Rolling back to an older driver fixed the audio but not the video.

This install fixed both!

I'm guessing the whole Pinnacle Studio part of it is not necessary, so here's just the DVC100 drivers folder that it installs. I'll also include AmaRecTV 3.10, this program's intended more for recording gameplay than anything else but might work for your issue. It also has an install for the Lagarith codec, it's the lossless codec that Speed Demos Archives uses. Aside from that Windows update, I've never had any issues with local recording using my DVC100, Amarec, and the Lagarith codec.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote