VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. According to my research 4 Hours is the max for a DVD9, But Convertxtodvd & TMPGENC Authoring BOTH happily accept a project of 6Hours of video ( 6 tracks) & report as within the Dual layer target....Dont understand, am i missing something ?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes !

Depends on the bitrate of the video.

Single Layer >> 8000 kbps = 1 hour. 4000 kbps = 2 hours

Double Layer and you double the run time. When you look at a blank disk it typical states "2 hours" which is based on the above and to get reasonable quality 4000 kbps is adopted. But, depending also on your content you could squeeze more run time at 3000 kbps or even less.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello
    Thanks, the run time is the ones I see in windows explorer....Tmpgenc authoring works, wouldnít I assume compress to fit onto a DVD9, as if I add a further 1 hour of video it says itís exceeded ......just donít understand
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Reddwarf4ever View Post
    Hello
    Thanks, the run time is the ones I see in windows explorer....Tmpgenc authoring works, wouldnít I assume compress to fit onto a DVD9, as if I add a further 1 hour of video it says itís exceeded ......just donít understand
    Perhaps Tmpgenc AW is maintaining a minimum bitrate and wont let you go lower,
    or there is possibly something in the settings you missed
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have TMPGenc Authoring Works 5. The lowest bitrate it will let you set for video is 1550 and the highest is 7000.
    Quote Quote