VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a 2 hours video and was given many time codes of scenes to delete. Is there a software that can mark sections for deletion and then delete them at the end? I can't do it one by one since it'll change the duration of the video, thereby making the time codes useless.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a thought.

If you did the trims in reverse order the times would not alter. Or would they ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    I have a 2 hours video and was given many time codes of scenes to delete. Is there a software that can mark sections for deletion and then delete them at the end? I can't do it one by one since it'll change the duration of the video, thereby making the time codes useless.
    Many experienced editors start making changes from notes from the tail of the show and work their way toward the beginning.

Going through and adding markers to the tracks before doing any cutting is also useful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    there's 2 types of edits/deletes. ripple and non-ripple. ripple moves the video on the timeline, non-ripple leaves everything alone.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Just a thought.

If you did the trims in reverse order the times would not alter. Or would they ?

Thank you, wise one.
    Quote Quote