VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Greetings,

I'm trying to add a delay relative to video of -7ms but for some reason mkvtoolnix won't do that...

Avidemux can but it doesn't keep the soft subtitles...

The reason I want to do this is because the source file has a delay. After re-encoding the source with handbrake the delay is kept but when adding attachments to the mkv container with mkvtoolnix the delay is lost... I want to add the attachments without losing the delay.

Watch the video below it'll explain things better.
    Last edited by Felow; 18th Sep 2020 at 11:43.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It works from the GUI. From the command line it's "--sync 1:-7", assuming track 1 is the audio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It works from the GUI. From the command line it's "--sync 1:-7", assuming track 1 is the audio.
    I've been trying to do it from the gui since this morning and even though in mediainfo it indeed shows there's a -7ms delay relative to the video I still get silence at the beginning of the video.

The silence can be fixed with avidemux by toggling the shift box and adding -7ms but you lose the attachments and subtitles that were added with mkvtoolnix.

The source file has no silence.

https://mega.nz/file/TXxwxI4J#f-LLiazeQBWaCD4qRp5H6YLwVKDRC-T9sRtBgvNwZrg

Here you can find a video where I recorded what I was doing and showing the problem.
    Last edited by Felow; 18th Sep 2020 at 11:40.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Add the 7ms delay to the videostream.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Felow View Post
    I've been trying to do it from the gui since this morning and even though in mediainfo it indeed shows there's a -7ms delay relative to the video I still get silence at the beginning of the video.
    That's a playback issue. Blame your player.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Felow View Post
    That's a playback issue. Blame your player.

Unbelievable. You're right I tried with MPC and it works fine I don't understand why the most popular video player is having issues with this...

But since I only use VLC I'll have to add the fonts with ffmpeg then, it's tedious but it can't be helped.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Add the 7ms delay to the videostream.
    It turned out to be a playback issue like jagabo said.

Thanks anyway.
    Quote Quote