VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I have a 30 second video that I'm trying to export. However, when I go to export the video it says the duration is 60 seconds. I exported it anyway and it filled the last 30 seconds with black. How can I remove this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Export from what? It is impossible to answer your question unless you tell us what software you're using. While you're at it, you might also tell us the nature of your video and where it came from.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by CB94 View Post
    Hello,
    I have a 30 second video that I'm trying to export. However, when I go to export the video it says the duration is 60 seconds. I exported it anyway and it filled the last 30 seconds with black. How can I remove this?
    Export to where? With which software?
    Post a mediainfo report from the SOURCE video here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you sure there is not an extra bit of video or rogue audio somewhere in the timeline that you can not see?
    Perhaps zoom the timeline right out to check.
    This happened to me once, I placed a segment of video well out of the way during editing, and forgot to delete it.
    A 2 minute edit wanted to export a 3 hour video, with black generated where there was an empty timeline up to the offending bit left in the timeline, out of view.
    Having stopped the export and looked at the timeline, my schoolboy error was soon revealed.
    Last edited by super8rescue; 15th Sep 2020 at 11:25.
    Quote Quote