VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm getting the following error:

mt_lutxy does not have a named argument "use_expr"

I'm using Avisynth 32 bit version. Went to github and downloaded the most recent mvtools2, and this is the error I'm getting. Please advise if you can help.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah but Smurfy, I already went to that page before you posted it here and I'm still getting the same error. Do you have Smdegrain in your collection? Is it possible for you to share, along with the dependencies please? I"ve tried EVERYTHING to get it back. I had it all and lost it trying to update stuff just to get another filter which I no longer need (I think) anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yup. It seems like I'm totally screwed. I should have listened to TLC and not gone chasing waterfalls.

Smurfy or anyone...if there's anything you can do to help this cranky old fart, it would really be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Betelman View Post
    Yeah but Smurfy, I already went to that page before you posted it here and I'm still getting the same error. Do you have Smdegrain in your collection? Is it possible for you to share, along with the dependencies please? I"ve tried EVERYTHING to get it back. I had it all and lost it trying to update stuff just to get another filter which I no longer need (I think) anyway.
    I've been doing lots of Avisynth lately. Backlog of projects, saved the "best" (hardest) for last.
    I just installed "SMDegrain.avsi" last week, so it must have come from an official repo.
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/SMDegrain

If you're looking for an old version, I don't appear to have anything. I may have some stuff on a backup VM of an old computer, but not where I can boot it right now.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. Jagabo, I downloaded the most recent release posted there, and now instead of getting this error:

Code:
    mt_lutxy does not have a named argument "use_expr"
    I get this error:

Code:
    mt_lut does not have a named argument "use_expr"
    Yes, I have the 32bit version and yes, I am aware that the one I need to get is in the x86 folder.

Please advise.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok, I have no idea what that is, can you please clarify? What am I supposed to do with it, save it as an avsi in my plug-in folders and everything will work out?

And if so, what name am I saving it as?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Right click on the link and "Save As" . Put the resulting Zs_RF_Shared.avsi file in AviSynth's plugins folder (plugins+ for 32 bit AviSynth+).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Done. Same error.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I totally messed up everything. Chasing after a filter that I ultimately did not need, I wound up making "updates" which wound up ruining MOST OF MY WONDERFUL FILTERS. At this point, I'm thinking about totally removing Avisynth and re-installing everything from scratch. What do you think?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Too late now but... I usually back up my plugins folder before making changes.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yes, but I didn't make those backups. So my question is, would removing Avisynth and re-installing it and starting all over be a good idea?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Betelman View Post
    would removing Avisynth and re-installing it and starting all over be a good idea?
    If all you've been doing is adding/removing filters in the plugins folder there's no need reinstall AviSynth. You can just move/delete the plugins out of the folder. I think the only plugins that come with AviSynth (2.6) are colors_rgb.avsi, DirectShowSource.dll, and TCPDeliver.dll.
    Quote Quote  
  14. btw. if you are using Avisynth+ you could add 'ClearAutoloadDirs()' at the top of your script to make sure auto-loading is disabled.
    This way only filters and scripts that are explicitly loaded/imported in the script will be used.
    Yes, this is a bit more troublesome when using scripts that reply on tons of filters, but on the other hand it's way easier to identify problems with filters.

Here's an example on what a script using SMDegrain looks like in Hybrid:
    Code:
    ClearAutoloadDirs()
    LoadCPlugin("I:\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\ffms2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("I:\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\mvtools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("I:\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\masktools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("I:\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\MedianBlur2.dll")
    Import("I:\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\SMDegrain.avsi")
    Import("I:\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\Zs_RF_Shared.avsi")
    SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE", MT_MULTI_INSTANCE)
    # loading source: F:\TestClips&Co\files\test.avi
    #  color sampling YV12@8, matrix: bt601, scantyp: progressive, luminance scale: limited
    FFVideoSource("F:\TESTCL~1\files\test.avi",cachefile="E:\Temp\avi_078c37f69bb356e7b5fa040c71584c40_853323747_1_0.ffindex",fpsnum=25,colorspace="YV12")
    # current resolution: 640x352
    # filtering
    # grain handling
    SMDegrain(interlaced=false)
    PreFetch(8)
    return last
    Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  15. you could add 'ClearAutoloadDirs()' at the top of your script to make sure auto-loading is disabled
    How about NO.

I never needed to do this before, why should I do it now? All I need is for my filters to work. Why is it that despite my downloading so-called "current" filters, they're NOT WORKING?????
    Quote Quote  
  16. These developers need to get their shit together with their updates, that's all it boils down to.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Sorry, I tried to show a way to have more control over what happens.
    No clue what you call 'current' filters and where you got your scripts from,..
    I got my scripts from https://github.com/realfinder/AVS-Stuff and both Avisynth+ 32bit and 64bit work fine with the filters I use.
    So, again sorry for trying to help.
    Quote Quote  
  18. No clue what you call 'current' filters
    Current means recent. As in, recently updated. Current.
    a filter is an avisynth filter.

Current. Filter.

Need further clarification or were you just purposely playing dumb with me?

So, again sorry for trying to help
    Oh please cut the victim charade. I hate that.
    Quote Quote  
  19. How about shit just WORKS LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO without me having to run around like an ******* downloading this and downloading that?
    Quote Quote  
  20. You know, for a website called videohelp.com most of you are pretty useless. Alot of people come here to show their credentials and spew jargon, but very little help here takes place.
    Quote Quote  
  21. No clue what you took or didn't take,...
    I packed the filters and scripts I use atm. when using SMDegrain with 32bit Avisynth, may be that helps may be it doesn't.
    If those scripts and filters don't work for you it's because of your setup, but since I do not seem to want to understand stuff, but seem to be more interested to scream at folks I'll leave you alone.
    Good luck with your endeavor.

Cu Selur
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  22. Removegrain invalid mode 20.

What does that even mean?
    Quote Quote  
  23. http://avisynth.nl/index.php/RgTools/RemoveGrain has multiple modes and the error means that the Library that provides Removegrain which you have in your autoload folder doesn't support this mode.
    RgTools (https://github.com/pinterf/RgTools/releases/tag/1.0) is used nowadays as source for Removegrain.
    Depending on your SMDegrain settings more than the default filters are needed.
    I again attached the files I use.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  24. Yeah I'm still getting the same error. You were helpful with attempting to share your filters, so I do thank you for that.
    Quote Quote