VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I need this mp4 clip to be short and have a particular mp3 audio. The audio is some music I made and the video was filmed with my phone.
    For the "editing" I got Filmora, but the resulting file is way large from needed, much more than the sum of the 2 files together!
    Maybe thats normal, I dont really know since im noob in this field, therefore i ask for your advice, what can I do to get a small video from the mp4+mp3 files?
    What should I tweak?? Thanks in advance!!

If its any help, I attached the images of the properties of 1- the clip taken with my phone and 3- the file exported after adding the mp3 (wich was only 1,3 mb).
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	54842  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	54843  

Last edited by musicvideoman; 9th Sep 2020 at 15:26.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The answer to the increased size is simple >> bitrate. You have gone from 1242 kbps to 7765 kbps. So lower the bitrate will give you a smaller file.

But it is more complex than that.

Your original video was SD 640 * 352 whereas the new video is HD 1920 * 1080. You will not get good quality for HD at 1242 kbps so there must be more bitrate. But how much depends on the way you see the final clip.

Also, you have gone from 30 fps to 25 fps so your final video may well not be so smooth.
    Quote Quote  
  3. mux video + audio (lossless):
    ffmpeg -hide_banner -i "video.mp4" -i "audio.mp3" -c copy -map 0:v -map 1:a "video_mux.mp4"

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398507-Top10-Commands-for-Lossless-Video-manipulat...-ffmpeg-(Guide)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Use my clever Ffmpeg-GUI, load your video as source, click Main, click Multiplex, your video is already selected as video sorce, select your mp3 as Audio source, select your output file name, set mp4 as container, set the audio language, click on multiplex. Done.
    Quote Quote