VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everybody,

I hope that someone can help me. I have AVC (Any Video Converter) and AVC Professional (I don't see the difference between the two.) I have successfully burned some PAL video files to dvd as "dvd data files" using this program. My blu-ray player can successfully play data files as video and sound files. However, in other circumstances, I have failed to do so. I receive a "files corrupted" message on several of the files--and these are files that many others have had success with. There has also been instances where the video that gets burned is only one part of the video--like the first two minutes of the video.

Here is my procedure: I download the video from a torrent site (legal and unofficial music videos that aren't copyrighted). I then save them as an image file with IMGBurn. From there I add the image file to AVC (Any Video Converter). Then I burn it to a dvd. Half the time it works; it usually works on shorter videos that are less than an hour long.

I've heard things about .BUP files and stuff. Some of the video files don't have these files.

Here are some of the issues I encountered:

1) When I go to upload the image to AVC, I only see one aspect of the video - maybe a 10-minute segment- only displayed. It's not the whole video. So I consider this a failed attempt, and I don't know what I did wrong.

2) When I go to upload the image to AVC, I see the whole 90-minute video. I press "convert". After it converts, I try to burn it. It either only burns the audio or it says that files are corrupted.

3) It won't burn to the dvd because the file is too large; I don't understand this because I do have Dual-layer dvds and the file reads less 7GB.

Other program that I have that I don't user is "Trader's Little Helper" and "DVDfab"
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Baudelaire View Post

I've heard things about .BUP files and stuff. Some of the video files don't have these files.
    Then they aren't true DVDs, and don't contain DVD Video. If you want to create true DVDs playable in any DVD or Blu-Ray player (as opposed to just burning data files), then I might suggest trying AvsToDVD on them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the tip on AvsToDVD. Will it convert PAL video to NTSC video? AVC does so but the end result is video that comes from data files. AVC only work less than half the time.
    Last edited by Baudelaire; 8th Sep 2020 at 13:00.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baudelaire View Post
    Thanks for the tip on AvsToDVD. Will it convert PAL video to NTSC video? AVC does so but the end result is video that comes from data files.
    Yes. Set NTSC in preferences/video tab, save the preferences
    then start your project,

If you get a warning message about the video standard when you add the PAL files,
    just select "no" to the message
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I download this program AvsTODVD. I'm stuck at a screen that says something like: "1 Audio file with similar filename found" Please select up to 3. And then there's two boxes: ALL or NONE. When I click ALL nothing happens. When I click NONE nothing happens. As a result I click the x at the upper-right corner of that box. And then is says again "Warning...blah blah about PAL". I clicked no like davexnet said, but after I did so that whole process began again. I still can't get PAL video files to burn to a NTSC dvd. I did set up NTSC in my preferences.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you get corrupted file messages check with mediainfo to see if they are Format profile 4.2 or higher,if they are they need to be 4.1 or lower.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baudelaire View Post
    I download this program AvsTODVD. I'm stuck at a screen that says something like: "1 Audio file with similar filename found" Please select up to 3. And then there's two boxes: ALL or NONE. When I click ALL nothing happens. When I click NONE nothing happens. As a result I click the x at the upper-right corner of that box. And then is says again "Warning...blah blah about PAL". I clicked no like davexnet said, but after I did so that whole process began again. I still can't get PAL video files to burn to a NTSC dvd. I did set up NTSC in my preferences.
    Take a screen grab of these two windows and post it here to the thread. No good guessing.
    Also provide a mediainfo report of your source file, text view
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ya,post a text view,not a text file.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote