VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I want an inexpensive software for editing ripped bluray features to be able to make 2/3 min trailers from. However I need something that will accept films that might be Dolby True HD or DTS Master Audio. Ive been using Power Director 16 but it wont accept these HD audio formats and when I load the mkv feature into it the audio is missing if they are HD audio tracks. I also use Movavi Video Suite 16 but its pretty basic. I don’t need to have HD audio for the final output, stereo is ok. Can someone direct me to the right software please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    I want an inexpensive software for editing ripped bluray features to be able to make 2/3 min trailers from. However I need something that will accept films that might be Dolby True HD or DTS Master Audio. Ive been using Power Director 16 but it wont accept these HD audio formats and when I load the mkv feature into it the audio is missing if they are HD audio tracks. I also use Movavi Video Suite 16 but its pretty basic. I don’t need to have HD audio for the final output, stereo is ok. Can someone direct me to the right software please?
    You can use FFmpeg at the command line
    Code:
    FFmpeg -i dolby.mkv   -acodec aac newaud.aac
    This will convert the audio to aac. you can then use mkvtoolnix GUI to add it to the file
    and remove the original audio if necessary
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use FFmpeg command
    Quote Quote