VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys,

I know there was discussion about this but i read through everything and just couldn't find the answer.

I have an MKV file size 23.7GB.

I have used MKVToolNix to add subtitle and after that I imported file to BD Rebuilder with an output for BD-25. After the process I got the file bigger that it was, 25.1GB.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks so much for all the help in advance

This is my current setup

[Attachment 54769 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Nothing obviously wrong. Did you change anything in the rebuilder.ini?
    As a workaround you could reduce the Custom Target Size to say 20'000 Megabytes.
    Maybe you post your issue here:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Sharc!

Didn't change absolutely anything. Literally download latest version of it, went through all read me files, installed everything that needs to be installed and no success. I also tried changing output size to custom target size as it is 23500 but still converted to 25.1. Quite weird to be honest. Last year when i was more into this, i was doing it no issues, don't know what's happening now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You would have to set Custom Target Size to say 20'000 Megabytes and select 'Custom Target Size (.....)' in the menu Settings-> Output Options

Did you encode (Menu Settings -> Encoder Settings):
    - One Pass (CRF) Encodieng
    - One Pass (ABR) Encoding
    or default
    - Two Passes Encoding?

Btw. see the author's disclaimer regarding pre-processed sources.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    You would have to set Custom Target Size to say 20'000 Megabytes and select 'Custom Target Size (.....)' in the menu Settings-> Output Options

or default
    - Two Passes Encoding?

I set the output to 22GB and still got 25.1GB

Where is that setting that you mentioned? I dont't see it

Will try and set it for 20GB now.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    You would have to set Custom Target Size to say 20'000 Megabytes and select 'Custom Target Size (.....)' in the menu Settings-> Output Options

or default
    - Two Passes Encoding?

Hi Sharc,

This is driving me nuts. I tried so many things. I change the custom target size to 22Gb, didn't work. Tried to change to 20GB, same thing.
    After that I unchecked CRF and left it only on one pass, still the same. Tried using several different MKV files and on each file he basically adds few GB after the process, actually enlarges the file. I tried few different versions of BD Rebuilder, my codecs are all fine and installed in proper order as per read me file. I also tried on a different pc, installed everything fresh and was getting the same thing with different MKV files. None of them was below 25GB. Instead of small compression, he makes it bigger.

I dont know what else to do. BD Rebuilder is such an amazing program and it was working perfectly.

Anybody else has any information that could help me please?

Thank you so much
    Quote Quote  
  7. I don't use the BD Rebilder, so I don't know if my hint is helpful. Check if there is a folder called BD_Rebuilder (or similar) in this folder:
    C:\users\xxx\AppData\Local (where xxx is your username in Windows).
    If so, copy it somewhere as a backup and then delete it in the above folder. Then restart BD Rebuilder and try again.
    Quote Quote  
  8. As I wrote before: It's not sufficient to set the target size only. You must also select it in the menu:
    Settings -> Output Options -> Custom Target Size (...... MB).

If you think you have discovered a bug you should report it in the doom9 forum.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    I don't use the BD Rebilder, so I don't know if my hint is helpful. Check if there is a folder called BD_Rebuilder (or similar) in this folder:
    C:\users\xxx\AppData\Local (where xxx is your username in Windows).
    If so, copy it somewhere as a backup and then delete it in the above folder. Then restart BD Rebuilder and try again.
    Thank you, will try and do that and let you know did something change
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    As I wrote before: It's not sufficient to set the target size only. You must also select it in the menu:
    Settings -> Output Options -> Custom Target Size (...... MB).

If you think you have discovered a bug you should report it in the doom9 forum.
    I know, i know, i did that. First i set the output in settings and after i selected it from output options. I tried posting on doom9 but i jyst registered and they dont allow posting anything for the first 5 days.
    Quote Quote