VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I tried yesterday and today to download an online live event. TD does download it somehow, but never finish it. So I'm stuck with a PART file (fully watchable with VLC) that I can't convert because the transmission/broadcast finished before the software could complete the download. If I try to convert the file, it's missing the end (which is still fully viewable with the software's preview tool/vlc).

Is there anything I can do to save/convert the full file (with the missing end) ?

Thanks to answer

In any case, I'll try to upload the file later.
    Last edited by monks19; 4th Sep 2020 at 23:44.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Since VLC can play the entire video maybe it can remux/convert it for you too. VLC -> Media -> Convert/Save...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried. Same result (without the end).
    Quote Quote  
  4. ffmpeg may be able to remux it with new timecodes:

Code:
    ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i input.mp4 -c copy ouput.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  5. Tubedigger is one of the biggest and most powerful programs I've ever known. It comes down to very high quality, not to mention its high ease of handling. I use it for several years, and I always recommend it. For me, tubedigger is the best program on the download program market today. Here I leave my gratitude and admiration for the owner and programmer of this powerful program.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by monks19 View Post
    TD does download it somehow, but never finish it. So I'm stuck with a PART file (fully watchable with VLC) that I can't convert because the transmission/broadcast finished before the software could complete the download. If I try to convert the file, it's missing the end (which is still fully viewable with the software's preview tool/vlc).
    Are you talking about live DASH MP4 stream? What do you mean about end of stream - moov atom after single mdat atom? MP4 live streams are fragmented and contain multiple mdat atoms - there is no end there. Fragmented MP4 can be transformed into regular MP4 as suggested above:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i input.mp4 -c copy ouput.mp4
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    A different issue, but one that has been evident for awhile: TD fails to update until and unless all running processes of MS Edge have been killed via Task Manager. (Using Win-10, x64, which is up to date for the MS Win updates.) This holds true for the TD auto-update, or for a fresh install of the latest version over top of the previous installed version. Once Edge has been scrubbed from the running Windows, the roadblock is gone, and update or the reinstall/update proceeds to completion. That is how I just got from v. 7.4.2. to 7.4.3. The next time this happens, I could pause and take notes, so I could tell you exactly which components of the update will not load and halt the attempted update. I don't have much use for the Edge browser anyway, and likely will not miss its absence until the next reboot, even if that is days away. But there does seem to be some unresolved problem here . . . .

Curiously enough, I think this did not happen the last time, when auto-updating TD from v. 7.4.1. to 7.4.2. So I thought, 'Ah, that issue must have gotten fixed.' Here we are again though, so maybe not. Or else it's back.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ It's not just Edge. The same applies for any browser open when attempting an update.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    TD fails to update until and unless all running processes of MS Edge have been killed via Task Manager.
    Update still can be succeeded as InnoSetup prompts which action to take: select "Ignore the error and continue" and then "Skip this file". This happens because button "Monitor Browsers" was pressed and now file TbdgHook64.dll is used by Edge browser and therefore cannot be overwritten. In next version will be not updating this DLL if same version. But if version is different and used for example by Firefox, then browser must be closed or skip installation of this DLL.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ^^ It's not just Edge. The same applies for any browser open when attempting an update.
    Thanks for that info. Didn't realize it was any browser open that would cause this. (Quite possibly even portable ones ?) The difference here is that Edge -- like IE was before it -- is woven deep into the fabric of the Win OS, and is always running in the background by default, unless you delete its elements in Task Manager. I'd like to find out if there are any known to be negative ramifications of removing Edge from Windows. It's possible that Win Update, Win Defender AV (or TD, for that matter ?) depends on the presence of Edge. But Edge is said to also be one of those snooping security holes in Windows.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote