VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I tried yesterday and today to download an online live event. TD does download it somehow, but never finish it. So I'm stuck with a PART file (fully watchable with VLC) that I can't convert because the transmission/broadcast finished before the software could complete the download. If I try to convert the file, it's missing the end (which is still fully viewable with the software's preview tool/vlc).

Is there anything I can do to save/convert the full file (with the missing end) ?

Thanks to answer

In any case, I'll try to upload the file later.
    Last edited by monks19; 4th Sep 2020 at 22:44.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Since VLC can play the entire video maybe it can remux/convert it for you too. VLC -> Media -> Convert/Save...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried. Same result (without the end).
    Quote Quote  
  4. ffmpeg may be able to remux it with new timecodes:

Code:
    ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i input.mp4 -c copy ouput.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  5. Tubedigger is one of the biggest and most powerful programs I've ever known. It comes down to very high quality, not to mention its high ease of handling. I use it for several years, and I always recommend it. For me, tubedigger is the best program on the download program market today. Here I leave my gratitude and admiration for the owner and programmer of this powerful program.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by monks19 View Post
    TD does download it somehow, but never finish it. So I'm stuck with a PART file (fully watchable with VLC) that I can't convert because the transmission/broadcast finished before the software could complete the download. If I try to convert the file, it's missing the end (which is still fully viewable with the software's preview tool/vlc).
    Are you talking about live DASH MP4 stream? What do you mean about end of stream - moov atom after single mdat atom? MP4 live streams are fragmented and contain multiple mdat atoms - there is no end there. Fragmented MP4 can be transformed into regular MP4 as suggested above:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i input.mp4 -c copy ouput.mp4
    Quote Quote