VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I'm not sure where to post this - mods please move if needed.

I download many videos from YTube and many other sites, usually in MP4 format. I use IDM, Eagleget, AVC, UMMY, YTDownloader, etc. to download.

They look and play just fine when streaming and when I play them back on VLC, GOM, and a couple of other players, they play fine.

But recently some videos do not play back - they stop, stutter, have major blocking, or show just a blank grey screen. I have tried downloading them
    in different resolutions - 1080, 720, 480, 360, same result. Note, this only happens sometimes - they usually are ok.

Not sure if this is a source issue (Youtube, etc.) or if something is happening during the download, or if it is after they are saved as MP4.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    check the drive. chkdsk
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Avstropiteks View Post
    I think these video files get corrupted during download. The problem may be related to YouTube or the service you are using. Try to recover these video files using SPAM software.
    The OP's issue has nothing to do with video recovery. It's either due to errors during the download process (likely) or errors on the drive they're being downloaded to.

In addition to running Chkdsk, run CrystalDiskInfo and if anything is reported as yellow, immediately stop using the drive as it may completely fail at any moment. *Not that ANY drive can die at any given moment, it's just more likely.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 25th Sep 2020 at 08:32. Reason: spam link removed
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Originally Posted by Avstropiteks View Post
    I think these video files get corrupted during download. The problem may be related to YouTube or the service you are using. Try to recover these video files using SPAM software.
    The OP's issue has nothing to do with video recovery. It's either due to errors during the download process (likely) or errors on the drive they're being downloaded to.:
    It's just another spammer. Posting from Ukraine.
    Quote Quote