VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I am a very new beginner and this is my problem.

I accidentally deleted some videos off of my sd card. These videos were shot using my Android phone. So I put my memory card in to my laptop and used several recovery softwares, ie, Stellar, Ibeesoft, and so on. I have even paid for these programs. They will bring them back and save them, but I can't play them. I get error message like with Windows Media Player "encountered a problem while playing this video", VLC just spins. I have tried online software, they will say there is no media but if i use Mediainfo, all the info is there. Also in looking at the properties of the file, I see the data (1.GB for example), etc. What do I do? Is there something there to recover or not? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try photorec
    https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Hopefully you have not saved anything to the SD card since the files were lost
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have had luck opening damaged files with apps like MKVToolnix, XMediaRecode etc that will try to separate the tracks and remux or re-encode them - good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried what you guys have told me and this is what I got. I have an mp4 that is 7 minutes long. The video plays but no picture no sound. Any suggestion? And btw thank you for your advice.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Look at the file in a hex editor to see if it has a bunch of zeroes.
    You can also post it to the forum if it's not too big, somebody will take a look
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am so upset, Davexnet, of course it says 0s. And I know now there is nothing there to get back. In the properties it says Size, 20.7 MB (21,805,719 bytes), Size on disk, 20.7 MB (21,807,104 bytes). so I just knew it was there. I guess it is lost. Now looking in the properties of course it says where I saved it, is there anyway to find out when it was made? Can I get that much out of it.

Also, thank you for all your help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Lizy Smith are you for real ?

No, its not going to be helpful for the OP, his video is gone.
    Quote Quote