VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    youtube-dl https://sbsvoddai-vh.akamaihd.net/i/svod/SBS/managed/2019/08/14/656359_,512K,1500K,128K,1000K,.mp4.csmil/master.m3u8?hdnea=st=1611689568~exp=1611693168~acl=/i/svod/SBS/managed/2019/08/14/656359_,512K,1500K,128K,1000K,.mp4.csmil/*~id=d6d18bb4-b9ea-4847-81c4-2984ca3073c5~hmac=edf1b22611ee56a5aed2c93ee0e48b43a81ff403d5b3ca5f92ea3c324ff8bc96&originpath=/ondemand/hls/content/2488267/vid/1579916867629/SIN/streams/810b9d3a-fde2-4441-8e9b-0ac62dfb6906/master.m3u8
    Managed to download this video with VPN.
    How can I get the English subtitles? They are available when playing the video, but I do not see them in the list...

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/blood?play=1579916867630
    Last edited by sven32; 26th Jan 2021 at 15:06.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try the --all-subs switch.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    youtube-dl --all-subs https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/blood?play=1579916867630

If you have downloaded the video already and only want the subs then:
    youtube-dl --all-subs --skip-download https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/blood?play=1579916867630

The subs are in dfxp format which you can open in subtitle edit and convert to srt if needed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Please, can someone try to download a video from SBS on demand with "Allavsoft"? It doesn't seem to work (Feb 24th 21)..... Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by nova511 View Post
    Please, can someone try to download a video from SBS on demand with "Allavsoft"? It doesn't seem to work (Feb 24th 21)..... Thanks
    Then use something else. Or wait until Allavasoft fixes their software.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    getting the same problem with allavsoft today (25 Feb 21). can't download vikings or romulus

flagged with alavsoft

edit

update

allavsoft advised clean download from site and reinstall

all working fine now
    Last edited by gf0012; 25th Feb 2021 at 02:50.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just wondering if any of you guys know if it is infringing copyright or illegal to do these downloads from SBS on demand ?
    Would it be advisable to use a VPN or is it nothing to worry about ?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Of course it's a violation of copyright and terms of service.
    Quote Quote  
  9. psaframe
    Search PM
    need video link?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rules can be quite obscure at times
    You can record SBS programs or any tv programs , chop the adds out and watch at your leisure.
    Hey almost everybody has done that before but technically that is not legal.
    You can watch through Kodi (No ads)
    Or you can download the programs directly to your pc .
    All not legal but how do they keep track of any of it ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I don't know about Australia but in many places laws for online VOD content are not the same as laws for broadcast TV. Generally, you may be allowed to time-shift broadcast TV in order to view it at a more convenient time. But with on demand content you can theoretically watch it any time you want so you aren't allowed to record it for viewing later.

https://www.sbs.com.au/aboutus/terms-and-conditions

Material may not be reproduced, distributed, downloaded (except for temporary caching purposes for audio or video Material which is streamed), uploaded, modified, copied, adapted or communicated to the public in whole or in part.
    So at least it's a violation of the site's Terms and Conditions.

The reality is, they're not going to bother chasing you down for downloading a few shows. If they find you crawling their site and downloading hundreds of videos (from the same IP address) all day and night they might start taking an interest.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jagabo
    I was getting a bit nervous but should be fine now
    Quote Quote  
  13. Allavsoft doesn't work for me, it's stuck at 0 after over 30 minutes, unless it is pulling all the segments in before showing a percentage.

YouTube-dl tries to retrieve the individual segments but every now and then I get an "error in the pull function" and "unable to open resource" - any tips?

I wasn't sure how long it would take but after looking at the network module on Chrome there were at least 520 segments for my video of interest.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    video link?
    /ondemand/video/1876117059745/

After a few hours I got a 720p mp4, but I a few sections are missing. It seemed to me that the errors seemed to occur when I was multitasking, I might have to do this again when away from my computer and also make sure to turn off sleep mode. (also I am using a VPN)

It doesn't matter too much for me because I was only seeking to grab certain sections of this film which it did successfully.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by FXL View Post
    After a few hours I got a 720p mp4, but I a few sections are missing. It seemed to me that the errors seemed to occur when I was multitasking
    I doubt multitasking was an issue. I get really slow downloads (even their web site is very slow) downloading from sbs too (using a VPN from the USA). And occasional corruption. Videos usually take more than their runtime to download. When downloading a series I usually download 3 or 4 episodes at once to speed things up.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Does anyone can download subtitles from SBS AU in full length? Because my .vtt files always partial like starting from 20 up to 40 then jumped to 50. I dont know but its probably because the ads within the video page break the subtitles. I saw 3 ads on the progress bar then I would say vtt srt files split into 4 part..

It has hardcoded subtitles.
    Last edited by yarrak; 19th Feb 2022 at 13:37.
    Quote Quote