VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone! I was running into an issue with a cd I burned the other day using cdburnerxp. I played it back and some of the tracks had feedback or a skipping sound. I was sure this happened before, and found online that this happens when a cd burns incorrectly, due to bad media or the burn speed was too fast. I believe it was mentioned here that nero drive speed does a good job checking for errors, and burrrn is a great burner. I tested the troubled disc with nero drive speed, and lo and behold, some of the tracks were damaged or bad. I created a new burn with the same files using burn, and checked the result with nero drive speed, which found no errors with the new burrrned disc. No errors! Tomorrow I will test them at work, crossing fingers!
    Thanks for posting these programs guys!
    Quote Quote  
  2. In the last 20 years (can't believe it's been that long) I've never found anything that works better than imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Smrpix, I use Imgburn for burning DVDs. It has worked great for that. It make work great for CDs, but with Burrrn it is a simpler process.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stargatesuite View Post
    this happens when a cd burns incorrectly, due to bad media or the burn speed was too fast.!
    Correct.
    Bad media, too fast a speed = coaster.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote